• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to post a moving avatar?

Years
  • O.K
    i found this sweet Sailor Moon avatar! But it moves like a mini clip of sailor Moons crystal transformation. I want to keep it moving on my profile! But it doesn't work. How can I keep it moving but on my profile and posts?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I'm assumign this is a .GIF image correct. It's not an acual video? xD

If it is a .GIF, I really don't have enough information to assist you. Could you explain the situation more clearly?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • EDIT:

Apparently that's not how you do it =X

I believe you need to save it to your computer as a .gif file. Then when you go to "Edit Avatar" you just upload it on.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Like what the two have said above, you need to save it to your computer, and then upload it again.

What you want to do is right click the moving picture, which we call an animation, and hit "Save Target As" or as the case may be, "Save Image As". Save it in a place where you'll be able to find it again, like, the Desktop for example. After that, you can use an image uploading site like photobucket.com to upload the image, or you can upload it directly onto PC.

If you want to do the latter, just hit "Browse" when you go to pick your profile image or avatar, and find the image you saved, double-click, and then hit "Save Changes".

It should work, if you do it right. :>

Back