• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to sell?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    So I have a tonne of cards. Some admittedly worth nothing, some worth a few dollars. I have the desire to get rid of them now, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I have sold on ebay before, but when I look up my cards, or pokemon cards in general, I don't see any auctions! It seems like the only people sellign them are Ebay Stores meaning they may or may not go quickly... I don't know how it goes. Anyone here have experience auctioning cards on ebay?

Then I could also try to find a local trading card collector... How would that go over? Will I get $5 for 100 cards? Or will the guy likely look up the value and give me half of what it's worth? (by "likely look up" I mean what should I expect from a FAIR dealer, and has anyone here ever found a fair dealer?)

Thanks for your assistance.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I have never found a fair dealer, one guy openly told me that he intended to buy my cards for less than half their value and sell them for three times as much, which was extremely stupid of him (why in the world would I sell them to him after that?). I find that dealers don't want to buy older cards anyway, they only want to buy rares from the newer sets at half the value. I would stick with Ebay, I'm not sure why you're having those problems with it, but if you sell your cards in bulk you may have a better time getting rid of them.

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
    Maybe make a youtube video showing which cards you have for sale and then people may reply asking you how much you want for them.
    Or make a video with how much each card is worth that you want to sell and see who replies. Either way!

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Actually BJ088 is right, making a Youtube video of your cards is a good way to display them and get people interested. You can also make an album on Photobucket or another image hosting site like that, and people will sometimes comment on either of those offering to buy. You may also be able to sell the cards that way on another card forum, some forums have trading-posts and such, just not this one.

Rinusu

Not that important..
    Years
    Isn't Ebay any good? That site has gotten so many options..
    If i'm selling my cards, i'd use ebay..

Back