• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How to stop the healthbar box/databox in battles from bouncing when selecting a move?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 1, 2020
So im currently trying to make a fan game using rpg maker xp and pokemom essentials and i would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to remove the animation of the pokemon and healthbar bouncing up and down while battling, also i would like to know how to edit the battle HUD. Thanks

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
In the PokeBattle_Scene script section, find this piece of code (lines 771 - 778 in a clean project if I'm not mistaken)
Code:
    # Data box bobbing while Pokémon is selected
    if @selected==1 || @selected==2   # Choosing commands/targeted or damaged
      if (@frame/6).floor==1
        self.y = @spriteY-2
      elsif (@frame/6).floor==3
        self.y = @spriteY+2
      end
    end

And just delete that whole bit. That should stop the databox/health bar and such from bobbing up and down while choosing a move.

Reactions: Poq
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 1, 2020
Firstly thx for replying, I solved the healthabar thing (sorry for late replay), but I still dont know how to stop the pokemon from bobbing when its your turn to attack. I would appreciate if you would tell me how

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 1, 2020
pokemon bobbing

So in battle the pokemon is bobbing up and down like 2 pixel, does someone know how to make it so it doesn't move?

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
Sounds like the question in this thread.

Merged, thanks. -mgriffin

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
So in battle the pokemon is bobbing up and down like 2 pixel, does someone know how to make it so it doesn't move?
Pokemon_Sprites script section, find this piece of code (lines 168 -175 in a clean project if I'm not mistaken):
Code:
    # Pokémon sprite bobbing while Pokémon is selected
    if @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokémon
      if (@frame/6).floor==1
        @spriteYExtra=2
      elsif (@frame/6).floor==3
        @spriteYExtra=-2
      end
    end
And just delete that whole bit. That should stop the pokemon from bobbing up and down while choosing a action and a move.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 1, 2020
Thx a lot man I've been searching for it a lot, really appreciate it.

Back