• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to transfer Pokemon from an emulator to a GBA game?

EpicMewtwo

Trainer
    Years
    Is it possible to transfer Pokemon from a GBA Rom/Emulator to an actual GBA game? If so what do i need? Plz be specific! Thanks!

Years
    I know that there are flash cards that you can put GBA ROMs onto; rather, there were. In this day and age, the people who produce emulators to be used with official hardware mainly focus on the 3DS, so you might be in for a bit of a search if you want to find a GBA flash-cart and the other necessary stuff to put a ROM on it/trade from that ROM to one of your official GBA games.

I don't own any specific flash carts myself so I can't recommend a particular site or model, but I'm sure someone in our community has?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2014
    Yes its possible. The process I use requires an ez flash 4 ,2 gameboy advances with 2 wireless adapters and a legit pokemon game. Basically what you do is while your playing on your emulator e.g vba. you go to file export battery save file. Copy that save file from VBA to the EZ flash 4 for your particular rom. so say your playing leaf green on your emulator make sure the save file name matches with the rom name so like pokemon leaf green.sav/pokemon leaf green.GBA etc once your save file is up and running on your eZ flash iv. Get your 2nd gba and start up your legit game. go to the Pokemon center and set up the trading process on both systems and begin trading. The problem I find is sometimes the save file doesnt work and you have to play around with the emulator settings with the save file size . sometimes you have to switch between 64k and 128k. also you need to patch the roms with the ez client. but this usually works for me.

Back