• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to translate a Generation 1-2-3 existing hackrom ?

Years
  • Hello everybody and please excuse me for my English.

There is a lot of English language hackroms here, and sometimes I wish I could play them in my language : to be more precise, I would like to have at least the Pokémon's names and moves in French, for the dialogues, I can understand most of the text in English, but as they are hundreds of Pokémon species and hundreds of Pokémon moves, and as almost of them have different names in each language, I cannot memorize all the English names.

So, I thought about translating by myself, at least for the species and the moves.
    Of course, as I respect the work of the original authors, it will be only for my personal use, I will not publish anything without permission !

So I am asking if there is a way to do this, maybe just with replacing English names by French names ?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Back