• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How unlucky you've been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    I remember on the red and blue games, I was on red and I was doing the 99 item glitch. I saw a bunch of level 250 odd Nidorina's and then missingno, after misisng no. You run, I accidently caught it. For some reason I went into my bag and threw a masterball, how stupid was I? And then my game messes up.

Thought i'd keep the topic going.

Eisaku

EmPoLeOn RoX
    Years
    I have yet to run into a shiny in pearl... and I've been chaining pretty good... just guess I don't have enough luck. >_<
    I did find a shiny shuppet though on Emerald less than 40 hours into the game.... I was so happy!!! I almost cried and screamed in joy!!! XD

I remember on the red and blue games, I was on red and I was doing the 99 item glitch. I saw a bunch of level 250 odd Nidorina's and then missingno, after misisng no. You run, I accidently caught it. For some reason I went into my bag and threw a masterball, how stupid was I? And then my game messes up.

Thought i'd keep the topic going.

Yeah, I have a question about that... what is a missigno????

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    Pretty much all of my games have been void of shinies in the wild. And Eisaku, if you want to learn about Missingno., there's a sticky in the Color/Metal Generation forum. Or check trsrockin. (.com)

The day a shiny pops up in my Diamond, I'll probably scream and toss Pokeballs until it's caught. I suck at chaining and I'm unlucky.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Yeah, I have a question about that... what is a missigno????

Missingno? Someone's never played Red and Blue.
    How unlucky you've been?

Anyway, Missingno was a glitch Pokemon that appeared from the data in your name, or something. I forget exactly how to make him appear- all I remember is Surfing along Cinnabar's eastern coast and seeing him. What was cool about him was that he added 256 of whatever item was in the sixth slot of your bag after you fought him, meaning infinite Rare Candies. :D

Although my memory is a bit rusty...

Eisaku

EmPoLeOn RoX
    Years
    On emerald, when I went for my 7th (6th?) badge and i had to fight the twin gym leaders, I lost miserably... even though my marshtomp was almost at lvl 60

Missingno? Someone's never played Red and Blue.
    Anyway, Missingno was a glitch Pokemon that appeared from the data in your name, or something. I forget exactly how to make him appear- all I remember is Surfing along Cinnabar's eastern coast and seeing him. What was cool about him was that he added 256 of whatever item was in the sixth slot of your bag after you fought him, meaning infinite Rare Candies. :D

Although my memory is a bit rusty...

Yeah. Never played them... only E/S/R. ^^;
    What did it look like though??

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Yeh, there was also a Mew glitch for Red & Blue. I ended up getting a wild Scyther on Blue Version instead of Mew. (Which meant I got the glitch wrong), but Scythers are on Red Version to my belief. So was quite funny and annoying.

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
    I've never seen or owned any kind of shiny. Ever.

On my Red version, after six years and several hundred hours of playtime, I restarted my game for fun. My friend picked it up and saved without thinking. Now I have to start all over...

Meh. At least I've got my Diamond.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    I posted something about an unlucky battle tower battle before, but I can't seem to find the post. Oh well. Anyways, it involved a Sheer Cold and lots of Critical Hits landing on my Pokemon.

Rukio

Chaining is impossible
    Years
    unluckyness

1. never seen a shiny in pearl 355 hours in
    2. first shiny i saw in Ruby i killed and then said there was something odd about that numel,
    3.my friend got a shiny sharpedeo so i "borrowed" his sapphire version and took his rayquaza lvled it to 100 and put it in my pearl so he cant have it back
    4.really want a shiny Armaldo

>=D mwhahahah

Desmond

Pooding
    Years
    My Calm PIPLUP got POKERUS today at lvl 8, is that lucky?

I can't find a stupid modest PSYDUCK anywhere...ever, days of trying...

*vomits*

My GBA port is broke...no importing for me =(

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
    Here's a little story I would like to share with you all:

I was in Victory Road, just raising up my team's levels near the exit to the Pokemon League building. All of a sudden, a shiny Graveler pops up! I was in total shock. It was my first shiny encounter in this game and I was really excited, so I wasn't thinking too clearly. So, I sent out my Lucario and tried to lower it's HP down so I could capture it. Little did I know that it's Mega Kick would be super effective on Graveler. And poor Graveler went down.

And to think, if I hadn't been so careless with the moves I used, I would have had a shiny Golem sitting in my PC box right now! I guess the moral of this story here is to never get overly excited when you get a shiny, because it may cause you to do something stupid.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Yeh, there was also a Mew glitch for Red & Blue. I ended up getting a wild Scyther on Blue Version instead of Mew. (Which meant I got the glitch wrong), but Scythers are on Red Version to my belief. So was quite funny and annoying.

MMHMM, first time, I fought the wrong trainer and got a Cubone. THEN I fought the right trainer and got a lvl 7 Mew :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2007
    Once i caught a shiny meditite i was on for like 2 hours straight maybe thats why.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2007
    I can never seem to chain

EVER

ill never have a shiny pkmn of my own :(

Name one you wan, I'll try ad get it for you :D(I'm dead serious here, dude)

I've been very unlucky. Trust me...

Let's see through all the games...

Red: Beat the game in one setting with only my Charizard. Saved a bunch. Then, I completed the whole dex(took forever in Red). Then the game broke and I couldn't save again, worse though, it erased my Red save... :(

Crystal: I ran into Suicune, caught it, and damn near completed the whol goddamn dex. My mom got into an accident and the car got impounded, with my crystal inside...Well, I think, I lost it like fourth grade, and to this day still can't find it, so I'm convinced it was in the car.

Ruby: Had alot of fun with this one... My cousin gave it to me for my B-Day, and I damn near beat that dex too, but , my couch ate the game...JK. I lost it, in the couch, I think...

Pearl: Well, I ever caught a shiny*. I can't seem to get any of the atures I want, and I've breed at least 37 Shiny Rhyhorns, and STILL not one adamant one...

*till the other day...I think my game glitched, cause all of a sudden, I ran into like 48 shinies in a row. It's better now.

Neo Umbreon

In a Burrito.
    Years
    You want to hear how unlucky I am? I lost my frikkin' Diamond game with everything on it! I had traded all of my Pokemon on to it! That's including my Mew that I waited like 6 hours for! In game I was going to the Elite Four in Ruby and I saw a shiny Hariyama on the cave and then it wirlwinded me away.

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    I've had no problems with this game.Extremely easy.But my Emerald version the opposite.

deco11

Custom User Tile
    Years
    ive played gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald diamond and pearl and ive only seen 2 different shinies.

The Red Gyrados

and

A GOLD MAGIKARP, also on the lake of rage, and theyre both male!

ive got a combined play time of over 1000 hours as well...

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    I caught a shiny volbeat on my sapphire like 3 years ago, and just noticed that it was shiny last week. Turns out they just have Illumise colors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back