• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How will super training effect casual play?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
  • Casual battlers tend to dismiss EVs, IVs, natures, and egg moves when playing.

Now super training will make EVs visible and trainable in the form of mini-games. Will casual battlers feel as though EVs are an acceptable way to play? Will there be differences between how casual and competitive players go about EVs?

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    Super training seems to be the casual form of EV training, bridging the gap between casual and competitive. A very smart move by GF if you ask me

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    If there is more to it then just training your EVs such as new evolution methods (Take the new Digimon game for example) since they mentioned new ways of evolutions this could be a nice guess. If it isn't needed and doesn't effect the overall gameplay in terms of battles I won't use it, if it does then I will use it. Simple as that. I'm mostly a casual player.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Super training seems like a great idea, but what about resetting EVs? Do you still have to obtain berries for that?

Back