• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How will they Trump Arceus?!

Ayselipera

Sataneus. Im sorry. But they cant trump Arceus, but they can add the pokemon devil.

That would be an idea. o.O
    Hopefully one they never end up trying out.

Anyways I don't think they're going to try and trump Arceus. I mean it's suppose to be the god of Pokemon. What would trump a god?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Arceus is a really ugly and bad pokemon i think they already topped it with zorua and zoroark they genuinely look like good pokemon not necessarily strong just good design

Broc

Syndicate Boss
    Years
    How to beat another god......hmm guess we need more gods. Still it would be cool if since Arceus is the creator they make a destroyer and its the only legendary in gen 5 and is super hard to find. Make it where u HAVE to complete ur pokedex 100% to even get to hunt it. Also wish they would let u roam all the past areas. that would be an epic game.

Years
    Well, Arceus could have just been Sinnoh's native "god" or whatever. Doesn't mean it's the representation for God for the Pokemon world in general. (Besides, wasn't Ho-Oh like this for Johto anyway?)

Really, Arceus could simply be the creator according to Sinnoh Myth like it says in-game and in the anime. Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza

I think Arceus created the whole Pokemon universe, not just Sinnoh. Arceus was first introduced in Sinnoh so it would make sense for the game/anime to say it only created Sinnoh just because it was unheard of before then like they always do when a new pokemon is made. But I am pretty sure that Arceus created the whole universe.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years

How will they Trump Arceus?!

what is there to like about this!?

But to answer the OP, anything is an improvement on arceus imo.

... why are you hatin' on Bidoof. Its got a cute design, its face says :3 it learns 4 HM's. >:| Bibarel on the other hand...

and ontopic, Arcues is the stupidest thing ever. WHOA MAN I CAN CHANGE MY TYPE WITH LIKE 18 PLATES BECAUSE I AM MAGIC AND I DIDNT DO ANYTHING EXCEPT MAKE MEW AND GROUDON AND KYOGRE AND THEY MADE THE EARTH YO BUT THE THEY STARTED FIGHTING SO I MADE MORE PEOPLE BUT WAIT MEW DID NOT ME BECAUSE I'M A LAZY BUM AND THE MOST UNNECCESCARY POKEMON EVER BECAUSE ASH IS AN ATHIEST

Years
    aslong as another terrible movie isnt made i think ill be fine with what ever they choose to do, id also want it to be a event pokemon or really difficult to find! :D

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    ... According to Bulbapedia, Arceus created Sinnoh and possibly the Pokemon Universe... but not all the Pokemon. That means he wasn't responsible for the entire creation, and isn't that much better than any of the other Legendaries that are said to be Gods.

All I hope Gen V does is cut down on the Legendaries (seriously, how many legends are there in the Pokeverse?) and just make some honestly well-designed, creative and original NORMAL Pokemon for us to enjoy. And no more evolutions of old Pokes! I like them the way they are, don't ruin their evolutionary line with a wierdo perched on the end. >.<

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    Agreed ^_^
    Electabuzz was doing fine on his own, then Elekid came along and it was a nice little edition! Then in GEN 4 we have electrive - this beasty oversized bumblebee that looks ugly as sin??!! WHAT THE HELL?! (Magmortar did the same terrible thing)

Anyways back on topic >_>
    A few years ago i'd be saying, how the hell is anyone gonna top mew still?

"It is purported by scientists to be the ancestor of all other Pokémon"
    "Although Mew is considered the ancestor of all Pokémon, Arceus is said to be the first of all Pokémon." BULBAPEDIA

Massive Contradiction?Technically, you couldn't trump mew. but they did. So they'll find a way to trump Arceus :L

Kon~

Years
    How does that even work?! Mew is the ancestor of all, including Arceus... but Arceus came first?

I sense a "chicken or the egg" type thing going on. What came first, Mew or Arceus?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    We'll find out that the world of Pokemon is in fact a game within a game, being played by higher Pokemon, who we will then catch.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    How does that even work?! Mew is the ancestor of all, including Arceus... but Arceus came first?

I sense a "chicken or the egg" type thing going on. What came first, Mew or Arceus?

A question I have answered personally too many times. Arceus came first. Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon EXCEPTING Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, and maybe Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, as they have been created by Arceus, as has Mew. Remember that Mew is considered by scientists (who all had to be from Kanto, technically) to be the original Pokemon, and there is little evidence of Arceus' creations besides folklore. Arceus was a revision, but not a revision that really upsets the original canon. What's so hard?

Also, Bulbapedia means nothing.

Kon~

Years
    Soo... let me get this straight. Arceus came first. He appeared out of nowhere (or perhaps was created by a Pokemon yet to come... please, no!) and created a few trios of Pokemon (perhaps even the Birds and Dogs?) and Mew. From there, the trios worked at creating places (i.e. Kyogre and Groudon making land and sea etc.) and Mew created the rest of the 'mons.

Is this about right?

Years
    Arceus created the true legendaries such as Dialga, Palkia, etc. I'm not sure about the ones that can breed (Lugia, Latios, Latias, Articuno, etc). The breeding legendaries were probably created by Mew along with the rest of the pokemon.

Kon~

Years
    Arceus created the true legendaries such as Dialga, Palkia, etc. I'm not sure about the ones that can breed (Lugia, Latios, Latias, Articuno, etc). The breeding legendaries were probably created by Mew along with the rest of the pokemon.

I didn't think any of the Legendaries could breed, as they were all genderless. Or have I got that wrong? :/

Also, how are you classing 'true Legendaries'?

Years
    I didn't think any of the Legendaries could breed, as they were all genderless. Or have I got that wrong? :/
    Would you want to check and see if a Groudon was male or female? 3:

Arceus is the creator, Mew is the ancestor of all non legendaries.

This is a quote from this thread.

Here's the chain of creation.

1) Arceus→ First Pokémon to appear in the primordial universe.
    2) Dialga/Palkia/Giratina→ Created time, space, and a parallel dimension.
    3) Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza/Regigias→ Created the Earth.
    4) all other Legendaries (excluding Mew)→ Stabilized the Earth, got natural processes running and under control.
    5) Mew→ Common ancestor to all non-Legendary Pokémon.
    6) All fossil Pokémon→ Divergence of Egg Groups.
    7) All modern Pokémon→ Run around and do stuff.
    Animals can breed inter-specially when they have a recent common ancestor. For example, lions and tigers have a recent common ancestor that was very similar to them, and therefore they can breed. The same thing goes for horses, donkeys, zebras, and other equines.

Now all [non-Legendary] Pokémon are apparently descendants of Mew. Chronologically, below Mew are the Ancient Pokémon: Aerodactyl, Relicanth, Kabutops, Lileep, etc... [at least] one for every Egg Group that exists today. Below these ancient Pokémon are the current 400+ that we know and love today.

Considering that there have not been any reports of a fish Pokémon being evolutionarily placed between Magikarp and Relicanth, all Pokémon have one direct, recent, common ancestor: a fossil Pokémon. This makes them close enough to breed interspecially. However, the distance between Egg Groups is further, as the differing Group's common ancestor, Mew, is too far away.

So in scientific nomenclature, while Cradily would be something like "Poképlantae Cirripedia", Vileplume would be "Poképlantae Rafflesia". Same genus, different species, but related closely enough to breed with other members of Plantae (like Sunflora, which would be something along the lines of Poképlantae Helianthus).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I did not even realize that Sci went and did that. I gotta copy this onto Notepad or something. Epic win, Kirbychu.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I find it completely ridiculous that some people dislike Arceus simply because he took Mew's place as the first Pokemon.

Back