• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How will they Trump Arceus?!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    We might see a devil pokemon in the 5th gen. Anyways I do that they can top Arceus. I dont know how but I have a feeling that they will. Maybe a counterpart for it. I didnt even know arceus existed until after I bought platinum xDD

Years
    I didn't think any of the Legendaries could breed, as they were all genderless. Or have I got that wrong? :/

Also, how are you classing 'true Legendaries'?

No, Latios and Latias are male/female, Cresselia is female. True legendaries are the one-of-a-kind ones who helped in creating the Pokemon World like Groudon and Kyogre. And if you watch the anime, you will know that some legendaries can breed, most notably Lugia, Latios and Latias. I always go by anime logic, not game logic.

True legendaries would be: Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Entei, Suicune, Raikou and maybe a few others.

I also believe that Arcreus may have also created humans after all the other Pokemon were created.

Last edited:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    No, Latios and Latias are male/female, Cresselia is female. True legendaries are the one-of-a-kind ones who helped in creating the Pokemon World like Groudon and Kyogre. And if you watch the anime, you will know that some legendaries can breed, most notably Lugia, Latios and Latias. I always go by anime logic, not game logic.

True legendaries would be: Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Entei, Suicune, Raikou and maybe a few others.

I also believe that Arcreus may have also created humans after all the other Pokemon were created.

I can see where you're getting at with Latias and Latios, so I'll agree with you there, as they have genders and in the anime, have been shown to produce offspring.

However, Lugia is genderless and I don't agree with how they made it have a child in the anime, as it doesn't seem to follow the rules set in games.

By games logic, Lugia is also counted as a true Legendary, and this is the logic I tend to follow. (:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

What makes you think they always have to outdo themselves?
    As far as I know, they still didn't have Pokemon that are directly involved with seasonal changes.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    How about some Pokemon who are like the Great Old Ones? Like, Pokemon from the universe before this one who are now sleeping under the ground.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

What makes you think they always have to outdo themselves?
    As far as I know, they still didn't have Pokemon that are directly involved with seasonal changes.
    Yeah that was some of the suggestions on the generation 5 thread! It would be so awesome instead of a trio it would be a quatro :) who would each change their own particular season! And you would be able to see the season changes in the games! Or maybe it should be two pokemons instead, one who controls summer and winter and one who control spring and autumn! Now that would be Awesome!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I wish I rephrased this thread better, but I like how people are answering the question I should have asked, which is what type of Legendaries they could make, better or just Legendaries, then Arceus.

I do like the Seasonal idea, I was first nsure because of what types they would be, but I got this:
    Winter - Ice
    Summer - Fire
    Autumn - Flying
    Spring - Grass

The ;ast two were the confusing ones. But yeah, they should definitely go with that idea. A land were the Seasons change and with each Season you get to catch a Legendary, but they'll be really hard to get and you'll have to wait till the next Season to catch the one you've missed. Of course catching them wouldn't be unlocked until you beat the E4 and do a quest and all that. And the Seasons would like last a month each of 4 even to be like real life, and the Trainers clothes will change with the Season. That'll be SO COOL!

Also, I thank Kirbychu for clearing that up for us. But I couldn't find those Quotes in this thread >_>

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I wish I rephrased this thread better, but I like how people are answering the question I should have asked, which is what type of Legendaries they could make, better or just Legendaries, then Arceus.

I do like the Seasonal idea, I was first nsure because of what types they would be, but I got this:
    Winter - Ice
    Summer - Fire
    Autumn - Flying
    Spring - Grass

The ;ast two were the confusing ones. But yeah, they should definitely go with that idea. A land were the Seasons change and with each Season you get to catch a Legendary, but they'll be really hard to get and you'll have to wait till the next Season to catch the one you've missed. Of course catching them wouldn't be unlocked until you beat the E4 and do a quest and all that. And the Seasons would like last a month each of 4 even to be like real life, and the Trainers clothes will change with the Season. That'll be SO COOL!

Also, I thank Kirbychu for clearing that up for us. But I couldn't find those Quotes in this thread >_>
    That won't work out and will never happen! People would get mad, and yould just end up saying "F*** this S***! I have to wait three months untill i can catch the next one!?"

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    How does that even work?! Mew is the ancestor of all, including Arceus... but Arceus came first?

I sense a "chicken or the egg" type thing going on. What came first, Mew or Arceus?

Mew isn't Porygon's ancestor. In fact, Mew and Porygon are entirely different forms of life (Mew is made of DNA while Porygon is Made out of matter suspended toether by Data).

On topic though, perhaps they don't trump Arceus. Maybe Arceus is the strongest poké there is, and ever will be. Unless they make some 800 base stat thing with 255 Defense, Special Defense and Speed at the cost of every other stat being terribly low.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    That won't work out and will never happen! People would get mad, and yould just end up saying "F*** this S***! I have to wait three months untill i can catch the next one!?"

Yeah and even so, it would be silly and nonsensical for Pokemon to appear only in certain seasons.
    Jeez, it was only a suggestion >_>

Speaking of Devil Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

I mean Dark AND Fire. You don't get more Satanic than that. Unless it's only a minion of one yet to come...

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Houndoom_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Name_origin Need I say more...

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Arceus should have its stats lowered to 100 a piece like Mew and Deoxys, but should still keep its type-plate feature. It could really become the Pokemon of law, both natural and social. Its signature move is Judgement.

I'd like to see legendaries associated with past, present, and future, the birds to have a fourth heralding autumn, the beasts to each be associated with a direction (and maybe possibly a pre-evolution), a war and peace legendary couple, and a life and death legendary couple.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Yeah, they already have trumped Arceus. May I quote my Fanfic, "The Tree, the Flute, and the Mew" :

The books about legends of our Nation, depict a pink creature, with cat-like features. It has also been said to look like an embryo. It is called the "Phantom" Pokemon, the "God" Pokemon, and more correctly "Mew". Strong evidence suggests that not only is this Pokemon powerful and have incredible healing properties to those it touches, but it also is the most elusive and rare. It possesses a unique Genome which is linked with all other Pokemon. This makes many people think that even though Arceus created the Universe, it was in fact Mew who gave birth to Arceus, therefore having the ability to time travel. This creates a paradox, because a rule in physics states that everything has a beginning and an end. But because of the previous theory, Mew does not. It is ageless, and is eternal, and therefore infinite. It must have a greater understanding of the universe and its complexity, than the Human race will ever seem to know.
    Most interestingly, it uses this infinite knowledge to play hide and seek.

In my opinion the preceding is true. I think that Mew is infinite, and singular, like the bottom of a black hole. If he has the genetic composure of all Pokemon, then he must have given birth to Arcues, and later all Pokemon. Therefore, Arceus was trumped before he was even introduced in Gen IV.

Again, this my opinion.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    To be honest all these legendaries has gotten out of hand.
    And some of them look a bit....eccentric.

I mean, theyre gonna have to be really imaginative if they don't want to repeat themselves.

A really small but powerful legendary would be good [but not three like Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf. Just one, and it'ssuper hard to get to and find. put some challenge in it! Maybe even have it roam....]

There are some of my thoughts anyway.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Mew isn't Porygon's ancestor. In fact, Mew and Porygon are entirely different forms of life (Mew is made of DNA while Porygon is Made out of matter suspended toether by Data).

On topic though, perhaps they don't trump Arceus. Maybe Arceus is the strongest poké there is, and ever will be. Unless they make some 800 base stat thing with 255 Defense, Special Defense and Speed at the cost of every other stat being terribly low.

Didn't humans create Porygon or something like that?

You've just made me think something... so Arceus created the universe, huh? Not jsut this planet? Well, something that could trump him... Space Pokemon!

I mean, Clefairy came from space, right? And Deoxys, too... there could be more out there! Imagine all those alien Pokemon that could show up in Gen V!

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Most likely they will apply digimon like characteristics or make the Heaven/Hell type thing Like the Heaven pokemon would be flying/Lightning while the Hell pokemon would be Fire/Ground as with Groudon and heatran...Thats what i believe....or make arceus have a game where it is the main legendary along with some reverse pokemon.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Honestly at this point, I think they could easily move back down the ladder to something less "spectacular", or perhaps leave 5th gen with few-to-no new legendary Pokemon, and focus on something different instead.

I was pretty much thinking the same. They don't really HAVE to make each new Legendary more extraordinary than the previous, in terms of actual legend.

Still though, if that's what they're going for... I'm really wondering what they'll come up with.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Arceus is going to be a forgotten memory to the nex gen/region. Each region has their own mythical systems so he will no longer be as important.

RadiosX5

PC's Resident Otaku
    Years
    Arceus is going to be a forgotten memory to the nex gen/region. Each region has their own mythical systems so he will no longer be as important.

/truth

Seriously, nobody will even remember arceus by next games like all the other legendary's and nobody will give a crack babies butt about them once you find the newer ones

Back