• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How you Use your Rare Candies?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I usually use mine to push my pokemon up that final level to evolve, or give them to my pokemon who evolve thru happiness to make them like me more lol

but how do you use yours?

do you save them?

evolve your pokemon like me?

wait til lv99 then use it to push it to 100?

exc. exc. so basically how do you use your rare candies PC? :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If I find them on in-game runs, I'll just use it on whoever could use a level up the most, or whoever takes the longest to level up, but the most common thing they're used for early on in the game is for Pokemon I just caught and I'm trying to level up. Definitely a good idea to use it then.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    If I find them on in-game runs, I'll just use it on whoever could use a level up the most, or whoever takes the longest to level up, but the most common thing they're used for early on in the game is for Pokemon I just caught and I'm trying to level up. Definitely a good idea to use it then.

thats a brilliant idea mate ^_^

CRaTeR

Emperor of Aragon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    If I find them on runs, I usually wait for the Pokemon I'm training to level up, then use it immediately. That way all that experience it gained in order to reach that level doesn't go to waste.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    So far I've just been holding on to ones I get on routes/in caves or ones my Ambipom pick up and haven't figured out what I'll do with them. The one time I've exclusively used them was when I hatched some Eevees and wanted to evolve them into Glaceon and Leafeon. Rather than have them battle some mob for EVs I don't need on them, I just Rare Candied them by the stone(s) and evolved them that way.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    So far I've just been holding on to ones I get on routes/in caves or ones my Ambipom pick up and haven't figured out what I'll do with them. The one time I've exclusively used them was when I hatched some Eevees and wanted to evolve them into Glaceon and Leafeon. Rather than have them battle some mob for EVs I don't need on them, I just Rare Candied them by the stone(s) and evolved them that way.

i do that to my eevees as well lol

The Red Chain

I don't use Rare Candies anymore unless it's completely necessary.
    I like to keep my teams all one level together, so if one is behind and I don't have the patience to train I'll use a Rare Candy.
    Other than that... I don't have a use for them really. :x

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I use a rare candy if it takes a long time to lvl them up regularly, and if they're one lvl away from evolving or learning a new move. E.g. Grovyle learns leaf blade at lvl 29, the other moves it usually has by that time are weak, and it takes some time to lvl him, in this case I use a rare candy.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I save up those Rare Candies and use them to level up newly caught pokemon so that their on par with the rest of my team or I save them up to give me an extra push before challenging a gym leader etc.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Pokemon Red. Missingno present. Otherwise rarely. Once upon a time I learned that trained Pokemon grow better, and stopped using them. While this is true, I now know that the change is pretty insignificant. They live up to their name anyway, so I don't really worry about it.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I honestly sell them. In emerald I have like 8 bases filled with lvl 100 salamences and guys like that, and a kyogre kills them all for exp share I use. I honestly made my own base next to one with 6 rayquaza's!!

never again would I have to use a rare candy to level up. I Ev a little then kill a lvl 100 groudon. It's good to have poke-addict friends!! lol

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
    I wait until the Elite Four, because if I think if I used them right away, my Pokemon would be lower lvl than my way. On higher levels you need more experience to level up so if you use the rare candies you'll just have to battle more than usual. I use them after EV training too ;).

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    With mine I use them on the Pokemon that are only like 1 or 2 levels away from evolving as I'm quite impatient and want them to evolve especially if I'm training for the Gym

same with me lol

Emmm i usually give it to weak pokemon like Ralts(LVL 5 with Only Growl OMG)

YES! i thought i was the only one who did that, i cant stand how you always caught ralts witout an attack move, so i was like >:3 rare candies are good lol

i use them if i have a pokemon 1 lvl away from evolving

thats my most common use lol

-------------
    but on my recent platinum file, ive become very adept at switchin my team in and out, and i current have 7-8 pokemon in my main team,and im always alternatin and most of them are in the mid-upper 20s ^_^

lucy_goosey

10 years and counting...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    I use them mostly for Pokemon that evolve with happiness so they like me more.

Back