• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Howdy! (from a longtime lurker)

Ben Resolute

Forum surfer since 2012
Days
  • Good afternoon PC!

My name is Ben Resolute (aka Ben) and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance! I've dropped by the forums once or twice over the years, but I lost the login to my old account and figured I'd start a new one. Just a bit about me:

- Marilland Forums/Azurilland Forums member since 2012, best known for being the forum goober and cool uncle
    - Favorite main-line games: HGSS
    - Favorite Pokemon: Jirachi!
    - avid cheesesteak enthusiast. hoagies are my life
    - Challenge runner and Emerald Rogue enjoyer (but haven't in a while due to lack of free time)

- In my free time, I like to play retro video games, make music, and travel
    - I play Yu-Gi-Oh! from time to time (made it to nats a few years back!)
    - Big DCI/drum corps fan (if anyone on here follows that!)

Hoping to connect with fellow Pokemon fans and talk games, but mostly just chill and get to know people. I've always loved helping with/taking part in forum events as well - do those happen here on PC or is it too big for that?

Years
  • Hello!
    What about HGSS makes it your favorite game? =3
    Which starter do you pick in those games? Or do you switch between them?

also it's night for me =P

Ben Resolute

Forum surfer since 2012
    Days
  • Hello!
    What about HGSS makes it your favorite game? =3
    Which starter do you pick in those games? Or do you switch between them?

also it's night for me =P

I like the following mechanic, the soundtrack, and the graphics. Great update to GSC and made with a level of care that I think hasn't been topped since. I like Totodile the best, Feraligatr is a W

Ben Resolute

Forum surfer since 2012
    Days
  • Welcome to the forums Ben!
    Jirachi is a cool favorite pokemon, what makes it your favorite?
    Well feel free to ask any questions if you're confused!
    I've always liked space and Jirachi is a great balance between adorable and powerful. I remember getting it as a GameStop Mystery Gift circa 2012 and none of my buddies were able to...I guess that made it pretty special to me. Also, Serene Grace flinch shenanigans will never not be funny.

One question I do have - in looking at the clubs section, I'm not noticing any casual chat clubs. I'm wondering, did PC used to have them and do away with them, or did they just never exist at all?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • I've always liked space and Jirachi is a great balance between adorable and powerful. I remember getting it as a GameStop Mystery Gift circa 2012 and none of my buddies were able to...I guess that made it pretty special to me. Also, Serene Grace flinch shenanigans will never not be funny.

One question I do have - in looking at the clubs section, I'm not noticing any casual chat clubs. I'm wondering, did PC used to have them and do away with them, or did they just never exist at all?
    I'm not really sure, I've only been here for a year, but you could probably ask the mods for that section! Also the off-topic section has a DCC thread and I believe that is for chatting of I'm not mistaken

Days
  • Howdy Ben and welcome to the PC!

i lurked the forums for a bit before joining too. Off-Topic and the Forum Games are great to meet people.

See you in the forums! :mareepwave:

Years
  • Good afternoon PC!

My name is Ben Resolute (aka Ben) and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance! I've dropped by the forums once or twice over the years, but I lost the login to my old account and figured I'd start a new one. Just a bit about me:

- Marilland Forums/Azurilland Forums member since 2012, best known for being the forum goober and cool uncle
    - Favorite main-line games: HGSS
    - Favorite Pokemon: Jirachi!
    - avid cheesesteak enthusiast. hoagies are my life
    - Challenge runner and Emerald Rogue enjoyer (but haven't in a while due to lack of free time)

- In my free time, I like to play retro video games, make music, and travel
    - I play Yu-Gi-Oh! from time to time (made it to nats a few years back!)
    - Big DCI/drum corps fan (if anyone on here follows that!)

Hoping to connect with fellow Pokemon fans and talk games, but mostly just chill and get to know people. I've always loved helping with/taking part in forum events as well - do those happen here on PC or is it too big for that?
    Hello Ben, and welcome (officially) to the forums!
    What features make you especially like Emerald Rogue ?
    I believe we have the Get Together event each year. Feel free to ask the moderators about the next one!

Ben Resolute

Forum surfer since 2012
    Days
  • @Lapis_Laz95 Nice to meet you as well! Love your avatar and post flair. Catch you around!

@Alex_Among_Foxes Yes it is! That's Space Mambo, it's a character off one of my favorite old-school YGO cards. It's the main ship from Space Manbow (a Konami shmup) turned into a fish. Do I also see a fellow Transformers fan?!?!?! Exciting! Armada ftw

@Fact Checking Gardevoir I'm a huge fan of how customizable the game is. You can pick the Pokemon you want to see each run, you can microadjust the difficulty to however you'd like, it's got multiple gamemodes, great reward system...just a very fresh and fun way to go back to Gen 3! Looking forward to the next event.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • @Alex_Among_Foxes Yes it is! That's Space Mambo, it's a character off one of my favorite old-school YGO cards. It's the main ship from Space Manbow (a Konami shmup) turned into a fish.

Hahaha! I love the look of it for sure! (I don't know why the name 'Count Dooku's Solar Sunfish' popped into my head, but it made me laugh quite hard lmao. XD

Do I also see a fellow Transformers fan?!?!?! Exciting! Armada ftw

I never thought I'd see the day! Someone else who appreciates the absolute gem of a show that is Armada! Yeah, it's my all time favorite show!

Ben Resolute

Forum surfer since 2012
    Days
  • Hahaha! I love the look of it for sure! (I don't know why the name 'Count Dooku's Solar Sunfish' popped into my head, but it made me laugh quite hard lmao. XD

I never thought I'd see the day! Someone else who appreciates the absolute gem of a show that is Armada! Yeah, it's my all time favorite show!

Armada is so unbelievably hype. Starscream from that series remains one of my favorite TF characters of all time. TF Cybertron is more so what I grew up on, but Armada DVDs were a road trip staple

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Armada is so unbelievably hype. Starscream from that series remains one of my favorite TF characters of all time. TF Cybertron is more so what I grew up on, but Armada DVDs were a road trip staple

Indeed! Armada easily had my favorite versions of a lot of the main series characters, and Starscream is at the top of that list!

I didn't exactly grow up with the show, but Cybertron was my first as well. I only started watching it in my early teens though, having to stay up 'till 2 AM just to catch fractured re-runs is a memory I'll never forget lol. What do you think about Energon, if you've seen it?

Ben Resolute

Forum surfer since 2012
    Days
  • Indeed! Armada easily had my favorite versions of a lot of the main series characters, and Starscream is at the top of that list!

I didn't exactly grow up with the show, but Cybertron was my first as well. I only started watching it in my early teens though, having to stay up 'till 2 AM just to catch fractured re-runs is a memory I'll never forget lol. What do you think about Energon, if you've seen it?

Not a huge fan honestly. Animation looks a little rough and Kicker gave me permanent hearing damage

Back