• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Howdy from Brazil!

Prof Almeida

Pokémon Professor
Years
  • Hello, everyone.
    My name is LH Almeida, aka Prof Almeida, because I've been breeding Pokémon for my friends since second generation (though I don't do it now 'cause I don't have an available computer to RNG the games).
    I play Pokémon since I was 9 years old, when 1st gen came out, and since then I've played all gens. Love all of them, hate Genwunners.

I used to play competitive Pokémon up to the 3rd Gen, stopped when I couldn't find people to play with me, and got back to business by the end of last year.

I curently own Pokémon White and I'll probably buy White 2 soon, but my money is being saved to buy a 3DS LL (hopefully Pikachu's or Charizard's) and Pokémon Y as soon as it comes out.

Well, that's it. Any question you want, I'm here.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Hello there and welcome to PC!
    I see you are quite the experienced trainer, but i hope you'll still learn some new stuff on the forums ^^ I don't like genwunners either, i think every Gen has their good and not-so-good sides, that's why i love all the Games and all Pokemon as well!
    Nice to see people get back in touch with Pokemon after having been aways from it, and White is definitely a great Game! You should try to get your hands on White 2 as well, because it's even better than the first imo and just sooo much fun :D

I'm lucky enough to already have a 3DS XL and i just can't wait for X/Y to be released!
    I hope you get to pick a cool Pikachu or Charizard 3DS, they look Awesome!!

Anyways, if you need anything, don't be afraid to talk to other members, everyone is very nice and loves to make new friends :3
    i Hope to see you around, and again, welcome!! :D

EDIT: I totally forgot you are from Brazil! I definitely want to visit your country one day. All the videos and pictures I've seen look beautiful, plus, you guys host the Soccer World Championship next Year!! (I'm spanish, so i can't wait :D)

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Hello, hello, Professor Almeida! I've heard that Brazil's a beautiful place, and I'd love to travel there someday with my family, or just with a couple of buddies. ^^ Yeah, I remember breeding and EV training pokemon for my friends from the 4th Generation of Pokemon. It was tedious, but... they've said I was the best guy for the job, so, yeah. :p

I think my step-sister played pokemon when she was 9 years old too... Hm. Well, I've played since I was 5 years old myself, and I did love the 1st gen. But yes, i agree with you about Genwunners. It's like, how can they express an opinion of games that they refuse to play themselves? I really hope that future Genwunners would at LEAST give future pokemon games a chance, including the new Generation 6 game, because, they don't know what they're missing out!

But, I'm very glad that you're holding such an open mind about the games. :3

I've been playing competitive pokemon for about 7 years now, starting from Gen III, only because I found some good people to play myself~ I did miss some aspects from Gen III, like, having moves like the Fire, Ice, and Thunder punches specially based, and, you know, I missed using Salac Berry + Reversal Heracross. :( But, you know. Things change. If you want, you can check out the Battle Center[ if you ever wanna check out the competitive scene again, because this forum does welcome more competitive players with open arms. :3 But that's up to you!

I enjoyed playing Pokemon Black 2, so, you know, I hope you'll have the same enjoyment playing pokemon White 2 as I did with Black 2. <3 You can also visit the Pokemon Fifth Generation games, if you want to talk about Pokemon White, Black, Black 2, and White 2! And hey, I think we're all excited about the 6th Generation of games. Myself included! :3 There's even a board especially for the 6th Generation boards called the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y boards, where there, you can speculate about the 6th Gen boards as much as you want to. :3 Of course, I do hope you'll enjoy all of what PC has to offer. <3

Anywho, thanks for taking the time to sign up, and join us today~! <3 I hope we can maybe talk sometime? :) And I hope your time here will become memorable! ^^

Years
  • All the gens are fantastic and have their own good points. I'm totally against comparing generations since Pokemon as a whole should just be loved, I think. ;( In any case, welcome to PC!

But it's so exciting that the Pikachu 3DS is finally going to come out outside of Japan! Kind of wish I waited a while before I bought my 3DS XL since I'd have loved the Pikachu one. A 3DS XL in general is a great investment though, especially since we're getting X and Y later in October. <3; You'll probably enjoy the X and Y board since it's fuuull of speculation and comments on the games.. that's one of the great things about forums. People speculate so much before a game's release and it's always ridiculously fun to get involved and see which of your ideas end up becoming reality. But the other generation sections are wonderful places to be as well, especially Fifth Generation if you're interested in Unova. Hope to see you exploring around if you haven't already. :D

The Battle Center will probably be a place worth checking out if you're still interested in competitive battling. Our battles are done over the Pokemon Showdown server so there's no need to have WiFi or your preferred team built in your actual game cartridge. Battling's made so much easier this way and there are lots of tournaments open for you to participate in.

But anyway, make sure to read the rules before posting, all right? A forum as big as this one has some rules that need to be followed so the community experience can be better for everyone. It seems like you're a good person who will contribute a lot, though, so you definitely won't have a problem here. Enjoy your stay!

Blackrose7

Black Rose Beauty! ^w^
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    Yay, someone from Brazil. I'm brazilian too but I speak more english ( I was born in New Jersey but my parents are brazilian.), and for you guys who want to go to Brazil, you guys will love it there since the beach is beautiful, and the festivals are fun. Buy a mango when you get to Brazil because it's delicious.

Gusano2314

Worm Launcher :U
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    welcome! everi1 is aceppted in the forums, no discrimination, no racism here, trust me ;D
    PD: Cirno is a baka!

Back