• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Howdy

Years
    I actually joined a few days ago but hi.
    Diamond was my first Pokémon game back in about 2008 or so. I've loved the series ever since. I collected the stickers and watched the show a lot when I was younger but I didn't really have much access to videogames until I hit my early teens.

I'm replaying Y and Omega Ruby at the minute and I'm really excited for Sun/Moon too. I don't actively play the TCG (mostly because I'm broke) but I want to get into collecting more in the near future. I like keeping up with news on the TCG even though I don't actively play.

Apart from that, I'm an animation student and I like everything Nintendo-handheld related. Planning on getting a Wii U soon too.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Hello! Welcome to the forums today! I think Diamond is a pretty nice Pokemon Game, though I've started out with the Gen 1 Pokemon RBY games when I first learned about Pokemon. I used to collect the stickers when I was a kid too! My first set was from this coloring book. <33

I'm excited for Sun/Moon as well! Can't wait to learn more about the games in April. But I'm glad that you're enjoying the games; hope you'll get that Wii U soon! I do hope you enjoy your stay here! Feel free to drop me a PM or VM at any time if you have questions regarding the forums, or you'd just like to chat! I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Have a wonderful time!

Years
    Hey, welcome! I see you're from Ireland, so not far from where I am, in the UK. I have yet to complete Y. I was becoming quite disappointed with the games after Diamond and Pearl, up until Pokemon X/Y.

I've always loved the TCG, but like you, I wasn't able to afford the cards for a very long time. I can now but I usually buy Yugioh cards, because they're cheaper and I'm beginning to learn how to play that. I still buy Pokemon cards though, just not as often. I really miss Pokemon Play It v2, the old PC game based on the TCG.

A random question, what software do you use for animation? Do you do 2D or 3D animation?

Gwoop

Bootleg aficionado
    Years
    A random question, what software do you use for animation? Do you do 2D or 3D animation?

I use 3D Studio Max for 3D but I mostly work in 2D in both traditional animation and computer. For traditional I just use plain old animation paper and Monkey Jam to put the frames in order. I use Flash too but because it's being replaced I'm going to be moving onto Toon Boom soon instead.

I was really tempted to buy a starter deck of Pokemon TCG but ended up buying Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate instead. Might go back tomorrow and pick up a deck.

Years
    I use 3D Studio Max for 3D but I mostly work in 2D in both traditional animation and computer. For traditional I just use plain old animation paper and Monkey Jam to put the frames in order. I use Flash too but because it's being replaced I'm going to be moving onto Toon Boom soon instead.

I was really tempted to buy a starter deck of Pokemon TCG but ended up buying Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate instead. Might go back tomorrow and pick up a deck.

Ah, yes, that is a shame about Flash. Or maybe not, who knows.

Oh, I've been curious about Monster Hunter for a while now. I was going to get it when I had a Wii but never did in the end. What's it like on the 3DS?

Back