• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HUGE pokemon weights

jvn753

Pikachumon
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    WOAH if this doesnt boggle your mind i dont know what will

Lugia, who is a humongous 17 ft behemoth only weighs like 400 pounds?

And kyogre a humongous 14 ft fat WHALE only weighs 700 pounds? C'MON an alligator weighs atleast 1000 pounds.

Rayquaza a 23 feet DRAGON that weighs as much as a 7 foot human( The big show in WWE)

OH LOOK A WAILORD 800 POUNDS 45 feet ! lets look at a real whale.. around 40 feet 136,000 pounds.

what the heck is going on...
    is the gravity in the pokemon world low or something?

Last edited:

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    If they were in the real world... lets just say they might be causing some earthquakes every now and then they would probably cause some trouble shaking the ground whenever they move, and that could be a problem. That, or if extremely heavy pokemon sat on people they could acidentally kill them. 0.o

jvn753

Pikachumon
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    If they were in the real world... lets just say they might be causing some earthquakes every now and then they would probably cause some trouble shaking the ground whenever they move, and that could be a problem. That, or if extremely heavy pokemon sat on people they could acidentally kill them. 0.o

Elephants in the real world are doing just fine O_o

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I always thought the weights of the Pokemon were too high. It didn't make sense, often. For example, Cacnea is like 100+ pounds but it's jumping all over James in the anime lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    That's...strange. I don't even know what to say now that I know Cacnea apparently weighs 100 pounds.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    You know, I don't think giving the Pokemon accurate weight measurements was at the top of their to-do list. =/ But meh, they could have done better.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    This would have been a good discussion to have in the Guru thread...

Regarding Lugia, it probably has honeycombed bones and other weight-savers to assist in flight (like most birds do). Same with Rayquaza.

Now about Kyogre/Wailord, those values are ridiculously low. Therefore it is possible that their weights were taken in water because, realistically, a Pokemon like Wailord isn't going to be on land often... and when they are, they tend to float.

About Blastoise, I believe that a large portion of its body is a water storage bladder. The weight listed could be that of an "empty" Blastoise.

Years
    WOAH
    what the heck is going on...
    is the gravity in the pokemon world low or something?

If I ate some chicken I could let an "explosion" rip. And Team Rocket would go flying into the horizon. Again.

The weight may have to do with the cute appeal of Pokemon.

~Lugia is totally fluff. Like seriously. I don't see how that could be spelled F-A-T. Feathers or down (Silver Down?), I'm sure with no feathers its awesome. Like a longhaired wet kitty. @__@

~Wailord probably just got super stretched, like Star Trek, when it evolved and has bubbles like a sponge so it can Bounce after you like a puppy on the beach. Suppose you aim a rubber band at a "target" hoping for attention. Weighs the same. But it only looks bigger if you pull on it as only rubber band can be pulled.

cspmoneymaker

But don't forget about Groudon,it's heavy even with the look and the movement.It look completely solid just like steel ! That's why it's suite to be the heaviest Pokemon.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years

About Blastoise, I believe that a large portion of its body is a water storage bladder. The weight listed could be that of an "empty" Blastoise.

...But that still leaves the two cannons on it's back. Unless they're made of an ultra-light weight metal unknown to man (or Most of Blastosies' weight are made up of it's cannons, and it's body is hollow), Blastosie seems a bit odd-weighted.

Wailord is perhaps the strangest case. Even if it were honey-comb boned, inflated with air (like a caterpillar), and had tiny organs in comparison to its body, it would still at least weigh a couple tonnes.

Magnemite also seems to be made of an ultra-light metal at 13.2 lbs.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Good point you bring up, except im sure there is a reasonable explanation, but I am no scientist, but I can tell those weights aren't right.

cspmoneymaker

But why you guys care about it so much ? I don't think it's a big problem.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Maybe Wailord was weighed in water, where buoyancy force acts on it and reduces its weight. Who knows? Maybe water in the Pokemon world is of different density than of ours. Maybe gravity doesn't work the same way. Or the number system is different.

cspmoneymaker

Whatsoever,after all there is many explanations for this question.

jvn753

Pikachumon
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    Maybe Wailord was weighed in water, where buoyancy force acts on it and reduces its weight. Who knows? Maybe water in the Pokemon world is of different density than of ours. Maybe gravity doesn't work the same way. Or the number system is different.

Gravity may work in the same way but the number system shouldn't be different considering how Dawn weighs 75 pound as a normal 10 year old girl would.

Last edited:
    Back