• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyper Training

Khrysamere

A Side Character
Years
  • It wasn't worth much to begin with when hacking and cloning exists. And rare Pokemon being less """"valuable"""" benefits you just as much as it does them.

But hackers have always been able to hack perfect IV undetectable Pokemon to begin with... all this feature does is make it more feasible for legitimate players to catch up. It changes nothing for hackers.

There's nothing hard or challenging about getting perfect IVs. It's just luck and tedium. And people who were serious about Battle Maison and Link Battles already had perfect Pokemon.

There are no problems though (;

Well on sites like the Pokemon Trading Reddit they don't allow trades of hacked or cloned Pokemon, Of course just because their is a rule in place doesn't mean it has never happened before.

As a Trader myself making Pokemon less valuable is hurting us as well as people who trade with us. If the Pokemon you are offering is less valuable you are going to get less valuable offers for that Pokemon. However, Like I said I can't say anything for certain in regards of trading until we know the rarity of these Bottlecaps.

I hope you aren't assuming that I dislike this system, I can't wait to be able to use this, In fact I think it would be even better if we can also lower specific IV stats.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I really hope we can lower stats too, for trick room users, special attackers, and for Hidden Power use. I don't use any Pokemon with Hidden Power because it's just so hard to breed for the right one, but hopefully 7th gen fixes this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I think if people want pokemon that has more value than a shiny GF should implement another alternate color beside shiny. Some fan made Melanistic and Albino Pokemon, Melanistic being a mix of Shiny and Albino together.

Also this IV training, will make me able to IV train those shiny that had bad stats. I just wish they changed the formula for Hidden Power so it include Fairy type.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Really excited for this honestly... though I probably won't be using it much, since I mainly trade for comp. shinies, it's still an awesome thing to see. Liking the name too.. sounds a lot like Super Training, doesn't it? =p pff.

Years
  • Seeing as Super Training was introduced in this generation (Gen 6), something like Hyper Training was bound to happen in Pokemon's future.

Like others, I do feel that something like this does diminish the effort put into breeding for the best Pokemon. However, I also appreciate this feature as it will make it easier to get perfect Pokemon especially Legendaries and event Pokemon.

Of course, this feature will allow us to make our in game team more competitive. However, that shouldn't matter much since we can use any Pokemon to battle. It's just that having Pokemon with better natures and IVs makes them better able to win battles.

I am glad that this feature isn't just you choose a Pokemon and can automatically change its IVs. With having to get the Pokemon to level 100 and obtaining Bottle Caps, that does limit us and provides a tradeoff that may make us stay with breeding to obtain more competitive Pokemon. Making any Pokemon get to level 100 takes some time and who know how we will be able to get Bottle Caps.

Seeing that the Magearna we will be able to obtain carries a Silver Bottle Cap, it does suggests that they will be different kinds of Bottle Caps. Maybe they can increase IVs by a certain increment or decrement and increase or decrease a group of IVs simultaneously.
    Hopefully, Hyper Training won't too tedious of a process so that it can be worth doing.

Back