• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Hypno or Kadabra/Alakazam

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2017
    Alakazam was hard to get back in the day because you had to find someone to trade with, then trust them to trade it back. Think i always used Hypno on the old gens because of this

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Bit of an old thread but figured I'd throw my 2 cents in. If you're looking for a Psychic type, the Abra line is arguably the best due to its high speed and special stat to go with the STAB moves it naturally learns. However, if you prefer a fully evolved Pokemon(since Alakazam can only be obtained via Trading or through Ditto Glitch catch(in which case it doesn't learn any moves(AFAIK))), then Hypno is a solid back-up option with Hypnosis, Psychic, Dream Eater and Headbutt.

Of course... Mew/Mewtwo are up there as well if you want super strong Psychic types but Mew can't be caught without the Ditto Glitch(of which there is a special case of it that yields Mew guaranteed) and Mewtwo can only be caught after you've beaten the game or used said Ditto Glitch to get him at level 7(or lower if you use Growl attack on the corresponding Ditto).

That said, you can beat the game without a Psychic type but the speed and power they possess is so hard to ignore.

Xena_

Warrior Princess
    Years
  • Hypno's cry creeped me out, so I only caught it for my Pokedex. So I would say Alakazam but honestly... I always just had Mewtwo in my party :P

Back