• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I always wondered why people enjoy sunsets...

Ayselipera

Well I think overall I really enjoy the transition from day to night and also night to day. I mean in the matter of minutes the earth suddenly becomes dark or light depending on if you're watching a sunset or a sunrise. I also enjoy the pretty colors. :) Sometimes the sky will look pink, gold, red, or purple depending on the molecules in the air and the way the light is reflected. At least I think that's how that works, I may not be remembering correctly.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Sunsets are nice. The period between day and night is when our world is closest to the world of fairies, and some of the fairy magic comes across into our world and that is what makes sunsets magical.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Sunsets are really romantic when one views it with someone else. I once watched the sunset at a beach, and that felt like everything was fine for a moment. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched it too. To me, I think that sunsets and sunrises are peaceful. It really adds something to the scene.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • I love sunsets over the sea because of the colours =]
    Although, I think I prefer seeing both the sun and moon up in the daytime. Mesmerising :P

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I love watching the sunset at the beach. It has that romantic/invigorating feeling..
    Its fun to watch it with friends and family ^^

When the sun sets, it becomes night time, and I love the night life.

Neurotripsy

前向きロケット団!
    Years
  • I can't really put into words why sunsets are so beautiful... I've often watched the sunrise as well, but for some reason it just doesn't have the same impact.

Mumfie

Norwegian penguin!
    Years
  • I enjoy watching the sunset shine in front of my porch with Starbucks or regular coffee, just listening to music, or even better reading. Kinda odd for a dude to do that haha.

Not at all (: Sounded like something I really could've enjoyed! Except the fact that we don't have Starbuck in Norway..

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    I agree that I much prefer sunrises. Because then I feel like I have all day to accomplish what I need to do instead of looking back and thinking about what I didn't do.

That came out as a really depressing metaphor for life and I did not intend that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love both sunsets and sunrises. I have this thing where when I see a great cloud formation, I take a picture of it. During the day, it's mostly white on blue, so I'm just interested in the cumulus formations. For sunrises, however, I've only seen a few of them to take a picture. I remember in 2009, I got a few sunrises pictures, but otherwise... sunrises just aren't appealing here. Sunsets aren't that appealing either, but depending on the earlier cloud formations, I can tell whether there will be good picture taking conditions in the afternoon. Sometimes I wish I lived on a hill, because all the houses/trees seem to block the sunsets, which really sucks.

However, on the rare occasions that sunsets occur and I'm not at home, I try to take pictures, cause usually they're really nice without anything blocking it. Though... the best sunset this year would've been on the day of that big storm, because when the sun set, it was so bright, yet so orange, there was even a rainbow, too! Also, sunsets never hurt my eyes surprisingly, considering how much my eyes hate sunlight.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Sunsets are good because the sun is going down and the heat is finally going away.

Plus they look great on the Western coast. Although I've only been able to see that a few times. =(

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I like the colors in the sky during sunsets and how my house looks in the middle of a sunset. It's gorgeous. But I'm not the type of person who will sit outside on top of a hill and watch the sunset. I will, however, sneak out to the park past hours and stargaze.

Back