• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am going to start my own business

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    When I get older I am going to set up a business called Live Your Fairytales. We will organize fairytale-based experiences for people who book with us.

For instance, a girl could book an experience based on Disney's version of Sleeping Beauty. We will then supply her with a Princess Aurora costume and we will hire some actors to take her to a tall tower which we will also hire. We will then organize for her boyfriend to come and rescue her and we will give him a Prince Phillip costume. We will also supply them with a hotel to spend the night in afterwards. It will be very expensive but lots of people will do it because it is lovely.

We will also do other fairytales such as Cinderella. We will not do Rapunzel though because you would need a lot of safety equipment to climb up the side of a tower and wearing a harness would probably ruin the magic of it all.

Do you think this is a good idea for a business?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I can just see your face on the cover of Forbes magazine already. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It sounds good, but you are going to need a lot of money. Plus considering you need to talk with Disney, they will make it their own, and take a large portion of the money you make. I won't drawl on more, because It'll easily be more than a page.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Sounds... horribly expensive if you will really put effort to it.

But honestly, that's probably one of the most logical and good thing I've heard from you in a while D: Time for you to learn business. Make sure to take statistics in college.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    It would be an awesome business venture, if you had enough money. I got it, Instead of professional actors, hire a bunch of people minimum wage xD That will save you a lot of money.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    This is a good idea, and it's great that you want to help and make others feel special. :)

however, it would be awfully expensive and it would definitely prove difficult attempting to make substantial profit at the start. This business would benefit from good advertising, plus good reviews from peeps who have experienced it. The idea does need a lot of expanding on, to make it realistic but you have the time to do it seeing as you're only 15 :) Plus, it's worth noting whether people are prepared to give their children this fairytale experience at such high costs, well, enough to make you profit. I mean, charities do similar stuff (make kids' dreams come true through fun experiences) for free for certain children. I'm guessing the child's typical fairytale dream is to visit Disneyland. If so, their parents could take them, dress them up in a princess costume or something, and let them meet the characters. And if they can't do that, say can't afford, how could they afford the experience offered? Do you take business at school? Sounds it :] and I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to help you with your creation.

I actually came up with an idea of making people's dreams come true on a website, but then people noticed flaws in it :/

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    When I get older I am going to set up a business called Live Your Fairytales. We will organize fairytale-based experiences for people who book with us.

For instance, a girl could book an experience based on Disney's version of Sleeping Beauty. We will then supply her with a Princess Aurora costume and we will hire some actors to take her to a tall tower which we will also hire. We will then organize for her boyfriend to come and rescue her and we will give him a Prince Phillip costume. We will also supply them with a hotel to spend the night in afterwards. It will be very expensive but lots of people will do it because it is lovely.

We will also do other fairytales such as Cinderella. We will not do Rapunzel though because you would need a lot of safety equipment to climb up the side of a tower and wearing a harness would probably ruin the magic of it all.

Do you think this is a good idea for a business?
    Nope, I think it's a stupid idea. But that's just my opinion.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    It sounds good, but you are going to need a lot of money. Plus considering you need to talk with Disney, they will make it their own, and take a large portion of the money you make. I won't drawl on more, because It'll easily be more than a page.

Hmm maybe at first we will use fairytale characters who are not licensed and then if the business gets successful I will sell some shares to Disney and they will let me use some of their characters.

Nope, I think it's a stupid idea. But that's just my opinion.

If you have nothing constructive to say then why say anything at all? Hmm?

Years
    Wow, i am really impressed by your effort not just make a dime but also making people happy. If it's ever be done, it could create a worldwide sensation and lots of TV station would chase after you. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hmm maybe at first we will use fairytale characters who are not licensed and then if the business gets successful I will sell some shares to Disney and they will let me use some of their characters.
    You don't sell the shares to Disney. You give the company to Disney since its their characters you want to use. They would just make you in charge after words. :/

Plus its not that simple, if they don't like the idea then you can't use Disney characters.

Years
    You don't sell the shares to Disney. You give the company to Disney since its their characters you want to use. They would just make you in charge after words. :/

Plus its not that simple, if they don't like the idea then you can't use Disney characters.
    Why she form the company at the first place if she gonna use Disney characters anyway? I think the most sensible way is to try create an original fairy tale and scale it up. Besides, not all fairy tales come from Disney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Why she form the company at the first place if she gonna use Disney characters anyway? I think the most sensible way is to try create an original fairy tale and scale it up. Besides, not all fairy tales come from Disney.
    Read it again. She stated she was going to use Disney characters.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019

hmm, isn't Disney already making kids' dreams come true by just being Disney and having their Disneylands and tours or something like that? Just a thought.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    hmm, isn't Disney already making kids' dreams come true by just being Disney and having their Disneylands and tours or something like that? Just a thought.
    Yup, thats why I don't think they would want to spend money on another thing. Let alone, your going to need a LOT of time and space to build everything.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Yup, thats why I don't think they would want to spend money on another thing. Let alone, your going to need a LOT of time and space to build everything.
    wait, build what? sorry, having a retarded moment x} Pretty sure I'm thinking about this idea too much.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    wait, build what? sorry, having a retarded moment x} Pretty sure I'm thinking about this idea too much.
    Build another type of park for the thing. If they waste money on building that and nobody wants to go there because of the expenses then Disney would be screwed :/

Back