• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am sick of music these days.

Years
  • There is plenty of modern music released that you won't hear on the radio. Searching the internet is your best bet.

The bottom line, really, is to not let popular culture dictate what you listen to. Just listen to what you like and try to ignore that which you don't like.

You've got the right idea. I do this and am quite happy with the music I'm exposed to.

And for the rock fans out here (Does no one listen to country music, or even folk?) who don't like the state of music today: go back a few decades and listen to some of your favorite rock bands' predecessors. Try out The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Camel, Jefferson Airplane, King Crimson, The Who, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, XTC, Kate Bush, U2, The Cure, R.E.M., Queen or whoever you can think of.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I ignore the radio as much as possible because I know 99% of the stuff they play will just annoy me. My music taste's changed during my time growing up. As a kid, i'd listen to anything that was played, then in my early teens it was mostly all mainstream indie and now it's less mainstream stuff.

But yeah, in response to the original post I know where you're coming from and my advice would just be to listen to what you like. And seriously, I wouldn't let the crap they play on the radio bother you too much because let's face it, it'll only get worse...

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • Do you think we'll be hearing Hannah Montana 30 years from today?
    Yes, she'll be a country singer.

Anyway, to be serious, I don't like a lot of today's music. I didn't say that I don't like any of today's music, I said a lot. Yes, I like some of today's country, and there's even a few rap songs I like. But my favorite kinds of music are OLD, as in, I like anything, really, from the 50s to 80s. Of course, my favorite type of music is country, and that does make me slightly biased. I do like anything that can actually be called music though. Personally, I hate heavy metal, as it always gives me a headache, and most rap nowadays is...well...that stuff that they play on the radio.

I noticed that people here mostly like rock from the 60s-80s, which is exactly what I like. I like the Eagles, John "Couger" Melencamp, and others. I even like a couple songs by Kiss and Queen. My first choice of music, though, will always be country.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • The only thing I dislike about music today is that they rarely have any real talent and are computerised loads just for them to sound decent. My music taste is pretty versatile at the moment, so I guess I "fit in" with different cliques more, it's sort of a good thing.

Back