• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am sick of team rocket

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I think the screenwriters have run out of ideas for Team Rocket.. fortunately for me, I stopped watching the show a long time ago.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Team Rocket...needs to die. Now. They add nothing to the show now that's worth watching. If they made an apperance every now and then, ya maybe, but I have seen episodes where they come in for their gay motto, get thundershocked away (another thing that gets WAY the **** too old), and that was that, a complete waste of about 5 minutes.

I HATE TEAM ROCKET!!!

Exeter

Lushless
    Years
    You'd think all those thunder shocks from Pikachu would have killed them. All that electricity can't be good for the human body.

Team Rocket is annoying but they're the only ones brining humour into the show nowadays. Unfortunately.

Mikari

<-- Do want <3
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2007
    If it weren't for the fact that Team Rocket provide 95% of this show's lulz, I would have pelted them with rocks or something. xD
    But like a lot of others, I'm sick of these guys. They're what make the series too repetitive. But it's not like it's just ANY NORMAL team of colossal loudmouths; flamboyant, erm, closet dwellers; and annoying talking cats that can force their way into our hearts and make us want to kill them so badly. :3 *half-sarcasm*

Ariolander

MangaTraders.com Staff
    Years
    I dislike the changes 2 fold. Now their battles are meh and they simply get brushed aside it seems. They used to be able to battle very well and kinda sad to see the state they are in.

Next is that they have been really toned down. Noe more weird arse costumes, less dramatic schemes, and no more gender-bending Jessie & James. They are not that bad and I used to like them but now they have been slowly reduced to a shadow of their former selves.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    I don't want to say a lot of bad things about team rocket, because they have been around since the 1st season and I am all about keeping the anime like it originally was

Years
    I agree. Team Rocket are boring... :/ I mean they were ok the first season and that, but maybe we could have other villains in stead of these same guys all the time...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    your saying that but then you could say the same about Ash, Pikachu and Brock, and i would rather them keep team rocket than them three

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    What are you talking about? Brock's a pimp! We lose him and the show is over. Nobody can replace him (as we had found out with tracey)

Hurley

PXOL (owner)
    Years
    LOL yeah and it so stupid Team Rocket puts on like a hat and does not look any diffwerent and Ash is like "OMG who the HELL are you PEOple?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    What are you talking about? Brock's a pimp! We lose him and the show is over. Nobody can replace him (as we had found out with tracey)

How true, rofl. But I would prefer to have Jessie/James than any other team rocket members, especially not Butch and Cassidy. They're nice to have once in a while, but no other duo can replace J&J in the series IMO.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    No Team Rocket = Instant failure.
    Although I admt I don't like their new motto as much as their old ones, Team Rocket is classic. They were one of the main "villan" character/teams in R/B, not to mention, the three "outcast" members are one of the comic relief momemnts in the anime, (besides from Brock's attraction with girls.)

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    If team rocket didn't have to blast off every friggin episode like in the first season. Heck, sometimes they wouldn't even get in the way, they would just be there and actually have more involvment in the plot instead of causing nothing but unnecessary trouble.

Gary

twinkle twinkle rainbow star.
    Years
    Pokémon has a plot? Last I checked, it was Ash traveling from town to city, city to town, collecting badges and making new friends along the way. Team Rocket tends to try and halt that movement, thus effectively settling into the main plot course.

Team Rocket is a classic. This new motto bores me, as do their new voices. I'd kill for the original cast back anyday. I'd also kill to see Ash not succeed in the end for once, but neither is going to happen. Ah well. The original focus of the conversation: It's your opinion, but Team Rocket, while it seems small, fits into the main focus of the plot to provide humor.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    And anyone notice that Jame stopped leaving roses at some point?

He stopped probably somewhere in Indigo League but started again in Advanced Battle/Battle Frontier in random episodes. I can't remember exact episodes but he's definatly had it in both of those series. I remember shouting out to my sister everytime he has his rose in a newish episode

There have been quite a few episodes in D/P where Team Rocket haven't blasted off and some where they haven't met Ash at all (although they're still in the episode) Its very annoyiing when they inturrupt a battle but luckily they didn't intrupt either Paul's or Ash's gym battle.

Anyway, we need Team Rocket in the loooong filler episodes.

Back