• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I can't beat this gym! UGH!

The Red Chain

Ohhh we all have these frustrations in every Pokemon game, I swear.
    That one gym leader that you just cannot beat no matter how hard you try, and have to spam potions/antidotes/ect. with.
    Sometimes you even have to catch a Pokemon on the side to beat them with! Everyone hates these moments, but let's relive them for a second shall we~?

So with that being said :

Which gym leader was the hardest to beat for you?

For me it was Lenora/Aloe. None of my Pokemon were listening at this moment [yes i traded], and I tried at least 7 different times to beat her. Finally I gave up and went to go catch a Nageki to train. Finally beat her after that but UGH. D:<

Then we have those gym leaders down the line who are a cakewalk to defeat, and sometimes you wish you could have gotten more out of them. So!

Which gym leader was the easiest to beat for you?

Nobody particularly was easy this gen for me. :3

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    The hardest for me were Aloe and Kamitsure. I could not defeat either of them until I made a strategy and taught them a few TMs. Then it worked :D

The easiest was Hachiku. I didn't even heal my Pokemon after defeating the Trainers, used my Darmanitan's Fire Punch 3 times and swept his whole team. The funniest part is, I wasn't even overleveled.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Toughest: Lenora. She was really tough, and there were almost no places for good grinding. Also, mine Munna's Hypnosis missed, and Watchog's always hit me! >_<
    Easiest: Braycen. I destroyed him with a Maractus without switching or even restoring HP....

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    Lenora was the hardest because of that damn move vengeance, The easiest was skyla
    and braycen thier teams were weak.

şɧąγɱïŋ

Z E K R O M ★☆
    Years
    Aloe was defiantly a pain in the ass for
    me when I chose Tsutaja/Mijumaru (sorry I'm not familiar with the English
    names yet >.<; ) and I never had a problem defeating the first gym, or the Ice
    gym in Sekka city either. I thought this gen was pretty easy in terms of gym
    levels compared to say Johto.​

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Second gym was probably hardest. I lost two Pokémon there in my Nuzlocke, leaving me with only one. I hate that Watchog and its Hypnosis.

Back