• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I can't catch migrated fire red pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    If anyone could please help me im probably being a complete noob but i have been trying to catch caterpie for AGES! I have been fighting level 4 pokemon at route 204 forever and i still haven't run into one. Is there something special i have to do to enable migration? I already have firered inserted and i just caught the god pokemon on the mountain.

plz any help is appreciated

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Ok then - firstly, migrated Pokemon are Pokes transferred from the GBA game directly to Pal Park. Thos sort of Pokemon you are talking about are called 'GBA insertion Pokemon', rather than migration Pokemon.

Also, for Catepie - it is on route 204, but 'south', so try the south-most patch of grass.
    Here be a link as well for them all, with some being in parts of the route.

Hope I helped.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    Okay, I'll try to answer this.

You've got this confused. Pokemon don't have to be migrated to appear in Sinnoh, Pokemon such as Caterpie appear only when Fire Red is inserted into the Gba slot of the DS and you go to route 204.

Migrated Pokemon are special, just in case you need a special Pokemon from your GBA game. If you want to do that, you must:
    • Complete the game
    • Visit Pal Park
    • Have a GBA game with the Pokemon in it
    After that, visit Pal Park and enter to use the function.

PM me for more help.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    okay i must ask something here to, incase any of you guys know a work around.

a mate of mine used his AR on my D/P (I deleted the hacked pokemon)

but now, when i try to migrate a pokemon, when i insert cartridge, go into the main menu, click migrate from (in this case fire red) go through the warnings, i then get a message that says

"you already have 6 migrated pokemon, go catch these pokemon in a catching show"

or something like that.

then when i go to pal park to see, the guy there says "im sorry but you havent got any pokemon to catch, try migrating some from hoenne or kanto"

my quotes are a bit off because im going on memory, but thats about right.

i hope my D/P isnt screwed :(... i dont wanna start a new game because a friend of mine was a noob who tried to AR fake pokemon

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    Okay, that's really weird. I think your D/P is screwed because I've never encountered anything like it before. Try going to Pal Park again and see if it is like that.

I hope it gets fixed

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Okay, that's really weird. I think your D/P is screwed because I've never encountered anything like it before. Try going to Pal Park again and see if it is like that.

I hope it gets fixed

me too lol.

i was thinking, what would happen if i AR'ed the pal park to have 0 pokemon in it? would that re-write the last problem caused?

but im only going to do that as a last resort

and so i stay on topic:

pokerader with fire red in your GBA port in the southern part off route 204 and you will find caterpie eventually

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    me too lol.

i was thinking, what would happen if i AR'ed the pal park to have 0 pokemon in it? would that re-write the last problem caused?

but im only going to do that as a last resort

and so i stay on topic:

pokerader with fire red in your GBA port in the southern part off route 204 and you will find caterpie eventually
    Don't do anything too stupid though, your AR might screw up the Game Cartridge, then you wont be able to use it

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Don't do anything too stupid though, your AR might screw up the Game Cartridge, then you wont be able to use it

thats true, i guess i can always use my mates DS to transfer pokemon i want, i didnt "want" to AR pal park to 0, i was only going to do that if i got desperate.

if my mate didnt use his f'ing ar to start with i wouldnt be having this problem >.>

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    I'm not sure if you already have it, but getting the national dex also helps. :)
    If he didn't have the national dex, it wouldn't even let him into the Pal Park to start with, would it?

Your error sounds weird... it's probably messed up. I would say try again at least 24 hours after you first tried, and if it still doesn't work, you may be screwed.

Tell your friend to buy you a new game :)

Madara Uchiha

1017 BRICK SQUAD ******
    Years
    If anyone could please help me im probably being a complete noob but i have been trying to catch caterpie for AGES! I have been fighting level 4 pokemon at route 204 forever and i still haven't run into one. Is there something special i have to do to enable migration? I already have firered inserted and i just caught the god pokemon on the mountain.

plz any help is appreciated
    in order to migrae you must complete the sinnoh dex and then you can migrate pokemon

Back