• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't put a picture in my signature!

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    Sure, you may be wondering about that animated image in my siggy that says "Edward Elric is MINE MINE MINE!"
    Well, that one works. But I want to put in a picture of Haku from Spirited Away to show he is my bishie and he ends up as a ton of URL. What's happening?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    The first thing I noticed when I looked at your signature was that it's not even centered properly. O_o How did you manage to do that?

And about your problem, you could get someone to use your signature and see if the same results appear...

If that doesn't work maybe you should post a screenshot.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Use the Insert Image button on the WYSIWUG Editor. That's the one to be used before using IMG tags .. see if you have problems with the button. Now, if you don't know which one the Insert Image button is.. *dies*
    You should tell us if you were using the IMG tags or the button for inserting the image, would give me a better clue on what to do actually.

You said that the image comes up as a huge URL or something. Did you have the picture hosted on Imageshack or something like that? If you're trying to link the image from a website with a huge URL, maybe ones with dynamic ones, the script might be dying on you or something.

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    coolmaster said:
    The first thing I noticed when I looked at your signature was that it's not even centered properly. O_o How did you manage to do that?

And about your problem, you could get someone to use your signature and see if the same results appear...

If that doesn't work maybe you should post a screenshot.

*Cries* my signature is a hoard of junk that malfunctions all the time. Ahh... and if you want to see the URL, here:

https://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=...p://www.orangedaisy.com/eelyn/images/haku.jpg

I've tried everything. Originally, I used standard editor, but when the URL problem came along, I changed to the WYSIWYG method thingy and tried it again. It didn't work. Blah. I also tried many, many, many, many, many... etc pictures. I think that my signature is cursed.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Where are you trying to put it? o_O If you could tell me, I could try though the CP.

EDIT: I don't know if this is possible or not, but maybe the site blocks hotlinking on other domains. o_O Try saving it to your computer and then hosting it on an image host site, like Photobucket, tinypic, or Imageshack.

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    Naw. I've tried manty images from many other sites. Doesn't work. I even tried putting in an FMA banner from the official site, but that didn't work either. Nothing does. You can try yourself. I just want to put it at the beginning of my sig.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Forest Grovyle said:
    I can see the picture of Haku in your signature :) Yay for Kylie for getting it to work! ^^
    Yeah, I think Yahoo don't let you hotlink like that :/
    Ah, that would explain it. :3 That's why I use image hosting sites - most sites usually loathe hotlinking, because it leeches bandwidth or something like that... o_O

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Yeah. The best thing to do would just be saving the image off the site, and uploading it onto Imageshack.
    Huge links were the fault, didn't I say so? v_v *crosses arms*

Back