• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I got a PS2 and now am DS-less

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • So yeah. I lent my ds for my friends PS2. her brother now broke the power switch that was already damaged. Now she is giving me all her games and PS2 and i am giving up my ds and all my games. But we are on a i lend you lend basis. So yeah i am both gaining a console i truly want(KH and Onimusha along with Guitar hero is my main reason) and losing a handheld i need dearly(only 2 freaking months till i could buy platinum and this happens and no KH 385/2 day) So yeah my main question is:
    What should i get for the Playstation 2 now that i own one. My full list is
    Ratchet and Clank
    SSX tricky
    Bionicle(dont even ask)
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Onimusha 3
    Naruto Ultimate Ninja
    Kingdom Hearts 1&2

Besides the obvious ones i need(Onimusha 1&2 Ultimate ninja 2&3 Kingdom hearts Chain of memories and the Whole DBZ budokai tenkachi series) what else should i buy? Is COD4 availible for it or no?

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Whats the point in buying games for a console your only borrowing?
    Ps2 is cool though =P

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Oh Ratchet and Clank is awesome!
    I also have heard that Lego Batman and the other Lego games are awesome, way better than made out to be. I have played both Lego Star Wars and Batman and they are both cool!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Uh cause if i remember correctly i am getting the console from her to keep and if she wants to play i would lend it to her? Anyway meh i am not that into lego that much. Question is Marvel VS capcom on PS2 or no? I really love that arcade series.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh great going activision. Anyway i saw all that i could possibly get out of the PS2. With a few series of games and maybe some stand alones it would be up to a grand total of 20. Kind of like my wii. But oh how i am going to miss ds.(and the fact that i wont buy platinum after all*facedesk after fdacedesk after facedesk*) I think what i am hating is the fact that the PS2 is slowly losing power and well it wont be as fun as buying DS games. Oh well i am kind of a lover of last gen so yeah things work out.(did i mention that i am a platinum addict and now i will have to suffer?! *shot*

Years
  • try to get disgaea 1 and 2 these are the most funniest games and makai kingdom is good to
    uhm shadow hearts is a good serie too(1,2,3)
    and atelier iris hard too get

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • → Tales of the Abyss
    → Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII
    → Katamari Damacy
    → Okami

You like KH so you'll probably like the FFs and Tales of series. They're must-have RPGs on the system. After that, you've got Katamari Damacy which is just tons of fun (We Love Katamari is the sequel and may be easier to find, but the first is just a tad better). Okami, if you don't have it on Wii or anything, is an amazing game and I recommend it to anyone.

I also always hear great things about God of War (although I personally am not a big fan) and Disgaea and the Persona series, so look into those as well. :]

Years
  • My only suggestion for now (I really don't feel like typing at the moment. Of course I will post more later).

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
    Why? - Dragon Quest VIII is an amazing RPG. It stays true to its roots, but all in a good way. The battles are meant to be short, so no long and tedious battles (except for the bosses, of course). The story is excellent. At one point, you will think to beat the game, then the plot will take a bit of a twist (not mentioning anything, as not to spoil it). The games visuals are pretty impressive too, especially for cel-shaded graphics. The music is another very strong point. Seriously, if you like RPGs, this is a must get.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    As much as that sucks, this could be a major benefit.

Jak & Daxter
    Why?: It's an amazing adventure game, with mild humor, and it's just lovable in every way, including it's long length.
    Jak II
    A twist from the first in the series, some aspects are similar to GTA, and length remains the same as J&D
    Jak 3
    The final in the series (besides Combat Racing, but that sucks, and story has no relation), it is similar to Jak II, except more freedom, more features, more weaponry, and an improvement in graphics.

Sly Cooper and the Thievious Raccoonus
    A classic stealth game, with original storyline, decent graphics, and wonderful gameplay

Sly 2
    A game more based on stealth, quick reactions, ability to adapt, and performing missions, also, it has great length.

Sly 3
    The final in the series, but I wouldn't recommend it too highly, due to it being short, and game play took one step back.

Those are my favorites :D

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Metal Gear collection, it's like $30 and it's like 5 odd games.

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • Hitman blood money is great

Need for speed Carbon also good

I could go on i have about 90 games after all

BTW if anyone wants to swap a DS for a PS2 let me know :P

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Ah, yes yes yes I forgot this. Definitely worth it, though you'll probably want to pick up a PS1 memory card for MGS1.

I forgot it wont save on a PS2 card :S

With the collectors edition, is MGS1 still on a PS1 disc? I thought it was on a PS2 disc :S

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh thank you lightning for the mention. I will certainly try them all out and see if i can buy any of them and okami is already snug in my wii disc slot. The tales series is how long? Also i am not too keen on FF as well there are too many for me to count and I will most likely get confused XD. Thank you all for your suggestions and i will hopefully buy them all. Random question but is killzone any good?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Killzone 1 is meh. It's not bad, it's just an average shooter.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I forgot it wont save on a PS2 card :S

With the collectors edition, is MGS1 still on a PS1 disc? I thought it was on a PS2 disc :S
    It's PS1. :( I know because it was a real pain to get it to work since I only had component cables with me when I tried to play it and PS1 games aren't compatible with those.
    Oh thank you lightning for the mention. I will certainly try them all out and see if i can buy any of them and okami is already snug in my wii disc slot. The tales series is how long? Also i am not too keen on FF as well there are too many for me to count and I will most likely get confused XD. Thank you all for your suggestions and i will hopefully buy them all. Random question but is killzone any good?
    The Tales series is pretty hefty but the only two games available outside Japan on the PS2 are Legendia and Abyss and... Abyss is definitely the superior of the two, so I'd suggest getting into the series with that.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Uh cause if i remember correctly i am getting the console from her to keep and if she wants to play i would lend it to her? Anyway meh i am not that into lego that much. Question is Marvel VS capcom on PS2 or no? I really love that arcade series.

Sorry I must have misread. I stand corrected ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Metal Gear, FF and Tales of.. series.
    Best for buy.
    Ratchet and Clank
    Best Multiplayer game you can get your hands on

Back