• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
Years
  • Sorry if this is in wrong area, But I want to start a new game in Pearl. But I have all these event pokemon. I was wondering, If i trade them over to Pokemon Ranch, and use my AR to make my ID and Secret Id the same could i get them back? Sorry, If this is in the wrong area.

Thanks!

Years
  • You can deposit Pokemon into the Ranch from a certain game and take it back as long as you're still using the same game. I'm pretty sure that changing the ID of the Pokemon will have no effect.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
  • You can deposit Pokemon into the Ranch from a certain game and take it back as long as you're still using the same game. I'm pretty sure that changing the ID of the Pokemon will have no effect.

I meant, changing my new games ID to the old one. Same with the SID.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I believe Ranch would be fooled. But you're safer trading them to a friend (or a back up of them) just in case...

You don't want your events stuck there forever :(

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
  • I dont know. Theres alot of them I have, and then theres alot I dont want. Jesus. And since my router and Wifi USB do not work it sorta sucks. :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Pokemon put on Ranch can ONLY be returned to the SAME cartridge with the SAME save file.

I read a very extensive post on GameFAQs where someone hacked and re-did their game with the same OT, ID, and SID, but the precision that would require would still make it a huge risk.

If you really want to play a new game, Platinum comes out very soon, or buy a new/used copy of D/P. I'd recommend you leave your current save of D/P alone.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
  • Well, I barely remember Pearls adventures I would like too. But I could, Play and charge it @ night. I think I'll do that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back