• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I have an idea!

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    I think Nintendo are really quite stupid for almost entirely ignoring the western world. This isn't a Pokémon bank entitlement rage, this is a "come on Nintendo, we actually exist" rage. Here in the UK, we have had 1 event. 1. Torchic is the only event Pokémon we have access to. I know Pokémon isn't as popular here, but every single person on my university course owns either X or Y, and some of them own both. That is ~150 sales. I'm not saying we are entitled to anything except acknowledgment. With the whole Pokémon Bank fiasco, how difficult would it have been for them to tweet "Unfortunately no Pokémon Bank today. Please understand." That took me less than a minute to write, and it is common courtesy! Let people know what's happening, even if you can't give specific details. Put an end to the massive disappointment that comes from all the speculation. Yesterday, i got quite excited because I thought it was finally coming - maintenance for X and Y, nothing that can be associated with bank was working on the eShop, and they changed the date of the trial to the 27th, 30 days from then. I won't lie, I was quite disappointed to wake up to nothing, not even a tweet.

Therefore I propose a PokeStrike - in other words we don't buy the next Pokémon game, even if it's only for a week or two. If enough people join me, Nintendo will realise we actually exist!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I don't think people will care as much by the time the next game comes out. And it's not as if you're not going to ever buy the next game - if you still buy it after a few weeks, it won't affect Nintendo's sales, so they won't care.

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    I don't think people will care as much by the time the next game comes out. And it's not as if you're not going to ever buy the next game - if you still buy it after a few weeks, it won't affect Nintendo's sales, so they won't care.

Z should be along fairly soon xD and if they get no sales for a week, they are going to start panicking.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I understand your concerns and frustration with this, only difference is I live in The Netherlands, it's "close" to UK and part of Europe too, I know a lot of people that are tired of waiting too! It could have been here for over a month if Nintendo actually did release Pokemon Bank on December 27th...
    I remember I was kinda disappointed too when I checked on December 27th and noticed it was "delayed"... And like you already said, we BARELY get pretty much any events up here too... I mean I appreciate the Torchic with Speed Boost and Blazikenite and everything, but it sure would have been nice to "taste" Pokemon Bank (like the Asian countries) and get the Celebi along with it, for once... .__.

Imo, Nintendo should have released Pokemon Bank a long with the release of X and Y (no offense and not to sound as a spoiled person or anything), maybe this took away the immense delay and server overload. I mean, was it really clever to release Pokemon Bank TWO DAYS after Christmas? Maybe they should have put more thoughts into this...

I still check everyday, hoping to download Pokemon Bank from the E-shop, and still it's undetermined whether it actually will show up ever, or not at all...

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    I'm not going to refuse to buy a new Pokemon game as a form of a strike lol. The only person missing out on the game is me. And Nintendo still won't know us UK'ers exist.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Z should be along fairly soon xD and if they get no sales for a week, they are going to start panicking.

But people will still buy it. Do you really think we're going to wait a week (or a predetermined amount of time) after a title is released to buy it because Pokémon Bank was delayed? Dude, you're not even gonna wait. You'll get it ASAP.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

In the past it's always been at least a year until the sequels are released, so it's still a long way off. And the whole point of a strike is to disrupt a company's usual proceedings to such an extent that they have to give in. Pokemon is only one of Nintendo's many franchises, and a lot of their income from it comes from Japan, so really a week is nothing to them. It's not like the company will suddenly start failing if they go for a week or even a month without money coming in from the US and Europe :P Heck, they even reported an overall loss of millions of dollars over the last year, and they're still fine. This is also assuming you can spark outrage so great that almost everyone will strike, which is not going to happen. Pokemon remains a kids' game primarily, and they don't care about Pokemon Bank, they just want more games.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Nintendo doesn't care about the western world cuz most of their money come from japan. So not buying their stuff will just lead to them taking their ball and going home for good. As of now, their investors are calling for a restructure and if Nintendo doesn't, they're go the way of Sega. So all we can do is wait and see what happens, either way changes are happening.

But really, sales is the only way they know what to make and where to send it, no sales means they won't bother with that area anymore. So if you love pokemon, which you have to to be upset about the whole bank thing, keep showing your support for it so they keep making it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    But really, sales is the only way they know what to make and where to send it, no sales means they won't bother with that area anymore. So if you love pokemon, which you have to to be upset about the whole bank thing, keep showing your support for it so they keep making it.

Yeah, this is true actually. A lot of the games Nintendo make are only available in Japan simply because the rest of the world doesn't show enough interest. Maybe an anti-strike would be better. Get everyone to buy two copies so that the sales figures double :P

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I think Nintendo are really quite stupid for almost entirely ignoring the western world. This isn't a Pokémon bank entitlement rage, this is a "come on Nintendo, we actually exist" rage. Here in the UK, we have had 1 event. 1. Torchic is the only event Pokémon we have access to. I know Pokémon isn't as popular here, but every single person on my university course owns either X or Y, and some of them own both. That is ~150 sales. I'm not saying we are entitled to anything except acknowledgment. With the whole Pokémon Bank fiasco, how difficult would it have been for them to tweet "Unfortunately no Pokémon Bank today. Please understand." That took me less than a minute to write, and it is common courtesy! Let people know what's happening, even if you can't give specific details. Put an end to the massive disappointment that comes from all the speculation. Yesterday, i got quite excited because I thought it was finally coming - maintenance for X and Y, nothing that can be associated with bank was working on the eShop, and they changed the date of the trial to the 27th, 30 days from then. I won't lie, I was quite disappointed to wake up to nothing, not even a tweet.

Therefore I propose a PokeStrike - in other words we don't buy the next Pokémon game, even if it's only for a week or two. If enough people join me, Nintendo will realise we actually exist!

I feel the same way. It's like they just forgot about us over on this side of the world...Nintendo is handling this really poorly IMO.

But honestly, I'm too big of a Pokemon fan to do a PokeStrike. Even if I try, once Z or Gen 7 comes out I probably won't be able to resist buying it xD Besides, that's really not a good plan when you think about it. Refrain from buying their product in order to make them sell us more of their products? o_O

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They didn't forget about the western world, its just not worth their time, effort, or money to extend to an area or areas that don't show as much promise as other areas. If it were more popular in the western world as it were in Japan or Korea (Korea has hit a Pokemon boom and are now getting a lot more stuff). Its more than just the games too. We used to have 4 Pokemon Centers here in the US that were holding a ton of events. No one ever went. their sales were so low that they closed three of them and only left one that is constantly on the verge of being closed because it does not make the money its supposed to.

As it is, there really isn't any point to show more love outside of Japan and Korea when the fan base isn't worth the money they'll be spending to pamper us with free gifts.

Back