• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I have to brag :]]- Which Gym was easiest?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    The electric pokemon gym in Ruby/Saphire. No matter what my team is, that dude is just too hard to beat, it always takes a looong time. The last time I eba thim I had to train my Aron to lv. 30 and then Mudshot his pokemon DOWN!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Well, as long as you have a type advantage pokemon that gym would definitely be easier. Plus, I always over-train my pokemon so it's no problem when I eventually face the gym leaders.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Giovanni! Surf. Win.

It was always weird how easy it was to beat him. And, of course, Brock. XD

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Flanney, as if I remember correctly I had a Marshtomp if not Swampert by that stage.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    Mine is actually Volkner. The first time I battled him on Pearl, I had a Torterra at level 65. Yeah... he was destroyed in one minute.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Flannery.

I just played Ruby and thought of this thread... after my easy defeat against her.

I had a bit of trouble with her Torkoal... however, other than that, no problem. Her Torkoal... I admit was hard. But, only because my Gyaradose doesn't have no water moves. If she did, I'm sure he would've been as easy as her other two Pokemon. I was expecting her to be a challenge... because, come on, right now my Pokemon with the best moves are a Nuzleaf and a Combusken. One's grass, the other's fire. Grass is weak against fire... fire is resistant to fire... and my only water pokemon doesn't have a water move yet... yet, she was easy pickings.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Mine is actually Volkner. The first time I battled him on Pearl, I had a Torterra at level 65. Yeah... he was destroyed in one minute.

Hmm, interesting. But this thread is about the Advanced Generation games (R/S/E), so you need to talk about the gyms from there my friend~ D:

Piplup112

Pokemon Coordinator
    Years
    My easiest gym was Juan in Sootopolis City and It's Fuschia City you're thinking of!

Well I guess that 'cause I had a 55 raichu and 67 sceptile! :D

Last edited:

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
    I would say in R/B/Y or FR/LG, Brock. Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur all had their advantage on him *in FR/LG* if you raised them enough.

In G/S/C I would say that Bugsy was the easiest, my Pidgeotto took her out in a minute.

In R/S/E I would go with Wattson, he was just too easy.

Zacch2

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    FR/LG it was Erika. No problem at all
    R/S/E it was the Fire-type gym, i just forgot the name. Oh yea! It was Flannery. Complete pushover

Years
    Blaine is probably the easiest. By that point in the game, it's almost a given that you have a strong Water-type Pokemon that knows Surf, which can dispose of his him in successive turns quite easily.

On the other hand with Fire-types, Flannery was a bit harder, because the availability of Water-types at that earlier point of the game was significantly lower. You probably don't have a Pokemon that knows Surf yet either, unless you traded for one that does.

The other easiest would probably be Brock, depending your starter.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I've always liked training with the vs seeker on the bike path.

6 trainers side by side who each give about 2k experience per battle... ride down the bike path fly to celadon rinse and repeat Me and a friend did this and had a team of level 60 pokemon before the 5th badge.

So none of them were "hard" for me tbh

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2009
    hmm

I have to say in the kanto region it would have to be either Erika or Blaine,
    Erika was simple if you caught a growlithe or vulpix (highly recomended) and Blaine went down like a sick dog with surf. :D

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    Erika, no challenge at all! Charizard just destroyed everything this gym could do.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2023
    for FR/LG erika was pretty easy, then again so was LT.Surge, <3 pikachu and Dig :D

Back