• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I just can't get into Platinum.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
Years
  • this is why I didn't get pearl or diamond I knew they were going to fix the games up with a third game because this was their first venture into pokemon DS gaming so... my platinum experience is freaking awesome!!

=D

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • Watching the show always gets me in the mood to play the games.

Other than that, Platinum did add some neat events that made it a bit more interesting. I'm not too far into the game, but it's pretty nifty to me up to now.Then again, I didn't play Diamond or Pearl too heavily, so maybe that's why.

Years
  • I know exactly how you feel. I really don't even want to buy it cause I know I won't play it and would rather keep the $40 dollars in my pocket. I may buy a used one later on down then line, but as of right now I don't care much for it. :\

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I really enjoyed Platinum. The difference is the most obvious after beating the elite 4 and also while you are going after team galatic.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Agreed. Actually, I didn't really plan on getting Platinum, but I enjoyed Battle Frontier in Emerald, so I had to get it.

I sure wish a long Seviper was there, though.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I feel the same way, which is why I've progressed so little in the game. The story got really boring, even with the slightly changed scenes.
    I may feel different if I reach the Battle Frontier, but it's still more or less the same game with a few surprises.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • The new games like emerald Crystal and most likely platinum has very little changes till towards end the game hardly ever intrests me so lol it is just kind of another diamond and pearl to me.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Personally I loved all Hoenn games but Emerald was the best, but with Sinnoh, I really did not like my Pearl much but I'm really enjoying Platinum. I guess the feeling that everyone else is playing it plus the fact I just got into pokemon again is pushing me on.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Hrm, for me, It's always been that I've enjoyed one of the previous games.
    Like I've Enjoyed Red, Gold, Sapphire and Diamond, but could never get into the other one.
    Then come the time when they release the updated version, I've always enjoyed that the most because I love all the little things they add in.

Vie

Years
  • mine has to be shipped across the half globe...and I can't wait to get it xD
    they never get boring to me. plus, I never played diamond twice...I'm still busy with catching every single shiny, getting the stars, ...
    never ever gets boring to me..

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Wut, the new bad guy's name is Charon? (that's meh username on most other forums...) Where the hell have I been?...

Anyhow, I haven't bought it yet. I honestly don't see any reason why yet. Most people are saying that its too similar to D/P to be worth the buy if you already have either D/P... and I also am low on money, so I won't probably be buying it for some time...

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Now now, the Pokemon games are actually very unique every generation.

There's a formula they practically follow for every core game. The main 20 hour Gym/E4 stuff isn't all that unique. It's usually the post-game stuff that makes Pokemon worth buying.

Besides, they make Platinum look completely unique in the advertisements.

Anybody who has ever visited a Pokemon web site knew that Platinum was not a completely new game. Furthermore, the indication of the same starters and being in the same area should tell people that it's the same basic game.

The only people who wouldn't know Plat is the 3rd game in a series would be complete newcomers to the franchse. Anyone else should know better.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I actually think even with the same sort of story..It's still well worth playing..I mean, New pokemon for the in-game E4 team and Battle Frontier is enough IMO.

.FoX.

Blaine's Succesor
    Years
  • I got Platinum today. I'm enjoying it right from the get-go. It starts in a slightly different way than Diamond and Pearl; from the moment your "rival" walks in to your room at the very beginning. I'm liking it so far, 3 hours of playtime.

Kakarotman

Played over 2k hrs of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I agree that it is very similar to diamond and pearl. But you probably should have expected that since every time nintendo makes a third game in one region it is always like that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    actually i have the opposite problem i thought it was going to be too much likmpearl but its more different than the other third versions like emerald

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • raising the Pokemon in the wild has always been boring to me and I"m guilty for trading my Pokemon from Platinum back to my Pearl game and raised them there and then traded them back

:t354:TG

Back