• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just saw the newest opening of Pokemon DP and...

Years
    I actually like this new opening.

I like how at the end, they included some of Ash's old pokemon, like Muk xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Leafeh said:
    Why was Lugia fighting with Kyogre and Groudon? That was just random.

That shouldn't be unexpected from this show or most shows really since openings are just there to hype up a show even if they don't include a lot of stuff from it

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I actually like this new opening.

I like how at the end, they included some of Ash's old pokemon, like Muk xD
    I think those are all the pokemon he will use in the leauge ;) Too bad charizard, bulbasaur and a few others wernt in their

The part where Team Rocket is floating in space and Mew and Mewtwo go around them reminds me of the original opening.
    Yeah, it also reminds me of the japanese opening for johto champions

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    This opening is great! ^^ Too bad, poor Brock didn't get any new pokemon nor his pokemon evolved. But, I'm really excited about Torterra, Infernape and Togekiss.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    This opening is great! ^^ Too bad, poor Brock didn't get any new pokemon nor his pokemon evolved. But, I'm really excited about Torterra, Infernape and Togekiss.

His pokemon don't get enough time out to make it worth it, he doesn't do gyms or contests, so we don't see them training or competing. Although I would like to see him get a Blissey despite this, but I'm betting that'll happen in the next gen.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    BTW, I realized something about the opening after doing more research into posts. It's related to Togekiss, BTW.

The lot of you are saying that Togekiss must be Dawn's just because it appeared next to her Buneary. However, I did a bit more research, and I realized something, it wasn't included in the group shot. We really can't say that it is Dawn's Togekiss if it's not in her group shot.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    But it came out from Pokeball along with Buneary, Piplup, Mamoswine and other her pokemons.

I really don't know what to think.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    BTW, I realized something about the opening after doing more research into posts. It's related to Togekiss, BTW.

The lot of you are saying that Togekiss must be Dawn's just because it appeared next to her Buneary. However, I did a bit more research, and I realized something, it wasn't included in the group shot. We really can't say that it is Dawn's Togekiss if it's not in her group shot.
    Just because Togekiss isn't in the group shot, doesn't necessarily mean that she's not going to get it. You'll just have to wait and see like the rest of us if she gets it or not. I think its pretty cool of her to have one.

Why is Brock the only one without a new Pokemon. I don't care if they don't get enough screen time. He's the most important character on the whole show. The Team Cook [He keeps Ash alive, because without him, that kid would've died] Oh wait, he wasn't present during the Orange Island Arc and he can't even get one new addition to his team >=(
    Pachirisu needs more screentime dammit. I'm sick of The Spotlight Stealing Squad [Buneary and Piplup]

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Just because Togekiss isn't in the group shot, doesn't necessarily mean that she's not going to get it. You'll just have to wait and see like the rest of us if she gets it or not. I think its pretty cool of her to have one.

If they update the opening to include Togekiss in the group shot, I'll believe you. We've probably got about thirty or so episodes at least until DP ends, anyways, going by what has recently been announced.

Why is Brock the only one without a new Pokemon. I don't care if they don't get enough screen time. He's the most important character on the whole show. The Team Cook [He keeps Ash alive, because without him, that kid would've died] Oh wait, he wasn't present during the Orange Island Arc and he can't even get one new addition to his team >=(

I don't really see why his being able to cook would even make him close to the most important character on the show, especially seeing how, as you stated before, he wasn't with Ash during the Orange Islands Arc, and Ash and co. survived that pretty well. Besides, Misty also kept Ash alive (heck, she even kept Brock alive as well, in some episodes), and did that really stop her from leaving?

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    I don't really see why his being able to cook would even make him close to the most important character on the show, especially seeing how, as you stated before, he wasn't with Ash during the Orange Islands Arc, and Ash and co. survived that pretty well. Besides, Misty also kept Ash alive (heck, she even kept Brock alive as well, in some episodes), and did that really stop her from leaving?

That was actually meant to be taken as a joke.

Back