• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just saw the newest opening of Pokemon DP and...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Okay, sorry for calling you a Misty-fan but your previous replies really made me think you were one. And my final answer to all your replies is: NO ONE IS PERFECT, not even writers.

Even though I'm happy she will get the Togekiss and I think it fits nicely to her team, it is your opinion and I should respect it. But if you see now how many mistakes writers did like releasing Gliscor and Ambipom, I mean...that's just not right. And maybe it will be a mistake, but I don't care about it.

While you are correct about what I am, my feelings on Misty, if they had anything to do with my opinion, are only a minor factor that shouldn't be focused on.

And, yes, I do realize what they did with Gliscor and Ambipom. Just because I don't watch the episodes doesn't necessarily mean I can't find out by other means. I also figured that they really should have thought through it better.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
    While you are correct about what I am, my feelings on Misty, if they had anything to do with my opinion, are only a minor factor that shouldn't be focused on.

And, yes, I do realize what they did with Gliscor and Ambipom. Just because I don't watch the episodes doesn't necessarily mean I can't find out by other means. I also figured that they really should have thought through it better.
    And don't you find it strange that writers release apes which played with Ash's cap.

First Primeape took his cap and got released and then Ambipom xD Looks like they are following some kind of a patern. LOL

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    If they wanted to ensure that Togekiss can go to whoever they wish, why don't they actually give Togekiss to regular trainers (IE, non-elite 4 members and non-Battle Frontier/Battle Zone members)?

Though we usually agree on a lot of things, might I remind you that Togekiss is not a pseudo-legendary? The fact that Togekiss is only owned by Cynthia and Palmer is a total coincidence. Anyone can own a non-pseudo. Just because, in the games, only high-ranked Trainers posess one, doesn't mean the same has to be true of the anime. I mean, look at the damn thing. Does it look overbearingly threatening and ridiculously powerful? No, it doesn't. Therefore, it's not a stretch to put it on Dawn's team.

(Besides, if you're arguing with pseudos, Ash has Gible, keep in mind.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Though we usually agree on a lot of things, might I remind you that Togekiss is not a pseudo-legendary? The fact that Togekiss is only owned by Cynthia and Palmer is a total coincidence. Anyone can own a non-pseudo. Just because, in the games, only high-ranked Trainers posess one, doesn't mean the same has to be true of the anime. I mean, look at the damn thing. Does it look overbearingly threatening and ridiculously powerful? No, it doesn't. Therefore, it's not a stretch to put it on Dawn's team.

(Besides, if you're arguing with pseudos, Ash has Gible, keep in mind.)

Still, you'd think they'd place it in rosters like the Victory Road trainers or even trainers along the beginning routes during the post-game playthroughs if they truly wanted to ensure that the Togekisses won't be pseudo-legendaries, especially seeing how it's rare to come to (something even the Pokedex hinted at.), which is another reason for it being a Pseudo-legendary. Besides, Dragonair or even Dragonite really didn't look that threatening or overbearing when we saw it, so that trick won't work with me.

As for Gible, Ash at least got it after traveling through five regions and participating in a battle frontier instead of doing it during his first region, not to mention that he beat the leader of the BF, Brandon, so it's acceptable there.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Wow I really like the new opening. I was shocked to see that Ash's Monferno and Grotle will evolve. Looks like Ash will actually have a chance to win the Sinnoh league but I doubt the writers will let him.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Personally, I don't care if the writers have him win the league or not. The only thing I'll care about is if they at LEAST try and get him up to Top 4 this time around, as I really hated how the Hoenn League turned out since he never went up in rank, thus in essence making the entire saga pointless, and worse, made it's gym leaders more like JJM in the sense that they were beaten far too easily by Rookies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Wow I think it's great but too many legendaries. I like how they did the scene with Girantina, Dialga, Palkia and Arceus. And I loove the end scene where ash and all of his pokemon meet again together against paul!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Really? I do distinctly recall that Satoshi made it to the Top 8 (as opposed to the Top 16 in prior tournaments.)

Actually, Ash only made Top 16 in Kanto. Johto was the first time he actually made Top 8. The closest to another tournament where he made Top 16 was in the Whirl Cup.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Actually, Ash only made Top 16 in Kanto. Johto was the first time he actually made Top 8. The closest to another tournament where he made Top 16 was in the Whirl Cup.
    OMG WHY ARE YOU SO NEGITIVE!!! LAWL!!!
    Dawn can have whatever pokemon she wants! Nothing you can do can change that xD! Your not a writer! So does what you think of them realy matter?!?! I think it was a very VERY good idea to give her a togekiss... plus why are you calling her WEAK!!! Lol... im sure shes a better coordinater then you (well if she was real) Shes a great trainer and coordinator... An elite 4 member even tought she was good... now im pretty sure im gonna go with his opinion then yours :\

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    OMG WHY ARE YOU SO NEGITIVE!!! LAWL!!!
    Dawn can have whatever pokemon she wants! Nothing you can do can change that xD! Your not a writer! So does what you think of them realy matter?!?! I think it was a very VERY good idea to give her a togekiss... plus why are you calling her WEAK!!! Lol... im sure shes a better coordinater then you (well if she was real) Shes a great trainer and coordinator... An elite 4 member even tought she was good... now im pretty sure im gonna go with his opinion then yours :\

I never said she was weak, I said she was a rookie. There is a very big difference between the two, as weak implies that you can't do a thing right in battling even though you are experienced and know how to do it from doing it a long time (like for example, Jessie, James and Meowth.) A rookie, or a green member, an inexperienced trainer/employee/coordinator/whatever you wish to call someone, is someone who is only unable to get it down right because they never had first hand knowledge and time-witnessing beforehand.

And for the record, just because they said she's "good" doesn't mean that she has the experience level to actually catch a Togekiss. Otherwise, Ash would have gotten a Dragonite in Kanto just because "he's good", ignoring the amount of inexperience he had in Kanto. THAT'S why I'm mostly griping about this. Now, if she got it as an egg, that's fine with me, since she at least didn't catch it fully evolved in the wild.

And exactly what has my correction to when Ash was promoted to Top 8 have anything to do with being negative? I only mentioned that I'd be annoyed if he DID still get Top 8 in Sinnoh instead of at LEAST getting up to Top 4 (which, you have to admit, even you yourself would be annoyed if Ash still got Top 8.).

Years
    You guys just had to ruin this opening for me, by talking about how Misty has got cheated out of an appearance by Dawn having one. Ugh.
    ^^ this....

I never said she was weak, I said she was a rookie. There is a very big difference between the two, as weak implies that you can't do a thing right in battling even though you are experienced and know how to do it from doing it a long time (like for example, Jessie, James and Meowth.) A rookie, or a green member, an inexperienced trainer/employee/coordinator/whatever you wish to call someone, is someone who is only unable to get it down right because they never had first hand knowledge and time-witnessing beforehand.

And for the record, just because they said she's "good" doesn't mean that she has the experience level to actually catch a Togekiss. Otherwise, Ash would have gotten a Dragonite in Kanto just because "he's good", ignoring the amount of inexperience he had in Kanto. THAT'S why I'm mostly griping about this. Now, if she got it as an egg, that's fine with me, since she at least didn't catch it fully evolved in the wild.

And exactly what has my correction to when Ash was promoted to Top 8 have anything to do with being negative? I only mentioned that I'd be annoyed if he DID still get Top 8 in Sinnoh instead of at LEAST getting up to Top 4 (which, you have to admit, even you yourself would be annoyed if Ash still got Top 8.).

...and you complain way too much about irrevelant **** to the point where it's ridiculous. Chill out.

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Guys, can please talk about the intro and what could happen in future episodes as opposed to whether or not Misty has been cheated out of getting a Pokemon that she could/should have had?

Sounds good to me.

When's a full version of the song coming out? I require one.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    When's a full version of the song coming out? I require one.

The CD comes out 24th February. There's also going to be a version of Kimi no Soba de sung by Hikari's voice actor ~ Don't know why she didn't do that in the first place.

Guys, can please talk about the intro and what could happen in future episodes as opposed to whether or not Misty has been cheated out of getting a Pokemon that she could/should have had?

^ This.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Well... dragonite are that strong to me... ash got a charizard in kanto... that proves "hes good"
    Stop being to negitive.... This opening rocks... your just spoiling it :\
    Anyway... lets move away from this disscussion about her having togekiss... lets talk about somthing else... how do you think grotle and monferno will evolve? I think monferno will evolve in the pokelthon! Im not sure about grotle....

Destinyfate

ѵᄐᄂᄋ
    Years

Oh wow, just watched it. It's really cool. Love how they put the Ash and Paul thing at the end ~ And they really managed to shove in all the legendaries o.o I love the actual song and can't wait for the full version to come out ~ And Grotle and Monferno have eveolved, good. I wish Buizel would evolve to, it would be great if Ash had a full evolved team (apart from Pikachu, obviously.)

It's sang by Akiyoshi Fumie who sang Together

amazing that was just amazing *mouth open*

Years
    why do people get so annoyed if a character in the show gets a pokemon that another character should've gotten? Like that whole misty vs dawn gettin togektik thing... is it really necessary?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, some negative points???

-Gible, not Garchomp or even Gabite.
    -Buizel, not Floatzel
    -And.....they didn't get every legendary!!!No Cresselia!!No Phione!!!People's claims were wrong!!!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, it's mega like the original, just with Rayquaza vs. Deoxys still going on

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    Why was Lugia fighting with Kyogre and Groudon? That was just random.
    But Dawn getting a Togekiss is great, it's about time she got a few more impressive pokemon, minus Mamoswine her team looks rather average.
    Nice to see Ash getting a few more final evos, just looked wrong when he entered the first leauge with a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur, the same in Johoto with another few unevolved pokemon.
    Also no Blissey for Brock, in the scene where the birds and L@tios fly over, you can see happiny on the ground by brock.

Back