• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I know it takes money to make games but THIS IS ANNOYING

Years
  • Terrible online services ruining what could be an otherwise great game. Looking at you Ubisoft. Their servers are absolutely appalling. How much games cost in Australia on release. About $100. But then again I don't work so I can't complain about not affording stuff. @Brendino really? That sucks but it's understandable for EA titles like FIFA which are the same thing rehashed each year.
    ...How is that understandable, exactly?
    For the companies themselves (in this case, EA), it makes sense, because they're focusing their attention at selling the new games and making sure they're working properly. The problem is, I have no desire to buy pretty much the same game every second year just so I can continue playing online. So basically, those EA games I have that are over two years old are useless to me, since I've long worn out the offline modes, and can't even go online to play with my friends. It's no wonder that in doing things like this, plus their Sim City fiasco, etc. that EA's been named the worst company in America for the past couple of years.

Princess Sandshrew

PokéRespect
    Years
  • Recently I've been very annoyed when a game stops you to tell you things every 5 minutes or forcing you to go do something that doesn't have any particular relevance to the story, I wouldn't mind if it were optional and would likely go do it on a first play-through but subsequent play-through I already know how all these things work and that they are there.

I would love for games to have a setting of 'I've played this game before' and it will skip any tutorial or any pointing out of places/things.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Multiplayer focus. I don't like how the market for multiplayer games is so large that developers feel the need to integrate some kind of multiplayer mode (usually online) into practically everything. With FPS games it feels like the single player mode is just there as a courtesy because the focus is so heavy on multiplayer. Hell, even CoD Zombies is boring as hell if you play it alone. But I don't want to play with other people - I want to play alone.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I do agree that the focus on multiplayer is not good when it hurts single player, but if both are good then I'm good with it. DLC is kind of a pain in itself... but I do understand why they do it. I just remember when we didn't have DLC on any games and games were actually complete. xD But if it truly IS extra (which you can't tell anyway), then I guess it's ok.

Years
  • Excessive DLCs (i.e. customizations for $0.49/$0.99 each and there's 100+ of them), co-op based gameplay (i.e. bosses that take teamwork to kill, and are near-impossible to kill on solo), unbalanced gunplay/swordplay, "forced walking" situations (those times when you're forced to move at a snail's pace just to hear stories or "enjoy the scenery"), clunky/horrible controls. Yeah, that's a lot I know ._. Ironically, a lot of these things are present in my favorite games...

Last edited:
    Back