• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I miss Poffins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I love Soul Silver, don't get me wrong, but berries seem almost useless in HG/SS.

The Pokeathelon is fun but I do miss my contests. You find so many accessories but not much use comes out of them... ._.

I miss getting to have fun, making Poffins and then dancing on the stage with your Pokemon, appealing your moves to a judge and freaking out when that Sableye knocked your hearts down to 2.

Which do you like better? The Pokeathelon with the juice? or Contests with Poffins?

Years
  • It's too bad they couldn't have multiple things, like contests, pokeathelon, and maybe something like....idk... battles with audience and depending on how you used strategy you'd rank better. That way I think people would enjoy it more.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    The only thing I miss poffins for is making a milotic faster instead of waiting 8 days T.T

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • It's obvious DPP were you first games, because someone who had the old games would never say that they missed that, even if they did. I've been playing since the beginning and I have adjusted myself to the old settings. Kanto is the best and Sinnoh sucks. Ya see, after 12 years of playing this game, I have found that it's easier to play something that you already know how to play. DPP was a complete mystery to me and I liked it, but now, looking back at it, I hate it.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Ugh, I hated contests and never did any contests unless I really didn't have ANYTHING else to do. They were boring and they got difficult after a while, and if you lost, well, I got pretty pissed off when I lost, because I knew I had wasted 5-10 minutes of my life on nothing - not even a pixel-ribbon. Nothing.

Pokethlon is way more fun in my opinion, and I like the Aprijuice more than the Poffins. But then again I like the Pokeblocks (from R/S/E) more than the Aprijuice.

So Pokeblocks > Aprijuice > Poffins. Poffins were a pain in the ass to make, while making Pokeblocks and Aprijuice are both very easy.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • Making Poffins was definitely fun, though I hardly ever did it. Contests themselves were not so fun...I do prefer the Pokéathlon, but Aprijuice is lame lol.

I will say this, though. I've played Pokémon since Generation I, played every game at least once through completion, and I have to say, I miss Platinum, the Sinnoh region, and everything that game had to offer...except Contests. xD

Years
  • It's obvious DPP were you first games, because someone who had the old games would never say that they missed that, even if they did. I've been playing since the beginning and I have adjusted myself to the old settings. Kanto is the best and Sinnoh sucks. Ya see, after 12 years of playing this game, I have found that it's easier to play something that you already know how to play. DPP was a complete mystery to me and I liked it, but now, looking back at it, I hate it.

No, I played every generation as it came out.

The originals didn't really have that kind of deal.

RSE did but I didn't much like Pokeblocks.

DPP was more fun and interactive

And HG/SS was just okay to me.

Please don't assume I'm a newbie Pokemon player, I've played every generation including some of the side games.

I don't dislike change, I accept it because things change over time and I respect the creators and their ideas.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    I never really got into contests, did a few and wasn't that impressed. I just started a solo run on sapphire so maybe I'll try them out again.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Contests were absolutely lame and pointless imo. At least the Pokethlon offers rare items to create an incentive to do it, and if you're looking for a way to waste time in a Pokemon game, the Pokethlon is a lot more fun than contests. :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • There's already another thread to discuss the Pokéathlon vs. the Pokémon Contests here [link]. Also, if you wish to compare each generation of the games, then the best section for that would be General Pokémon Gaming.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back