• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need a pokemon to apply defense and special defense other than Umbreon

enyce

banned
    Years
    I got pokemon that can do defense and others that can do special defense. But I want one that can do both. I dont even think I have any. All I can think of is Torkoal who has base defense of 140 plus it cna learn Amnesia and curse.

Torkoal @Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Trait: White Smoke

-Fire Blast
    -Curse
    -Body Slam/Double Edge/Explosion
    -Amnesia

Got any better ideas??? Because I am not fond of Torkoal. I have curse to get up already high defense then a boost in attack. Amnesia so I dont get OHKO'd by surf. With explosion I could curse then kill myself. But that has no point. Body Slam for paralysis. Or just Raw power Double Edge until I die???

enyce

banned
    Years
    jc_rcw said:
    Deoxys F? Anyways, use curselax, its the most effective imo.

Problem is this is emerald...I DONT HAVE SNORLAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cries* thanks for rubbing that in....I cant find my link cables or wireless adaptor to get my snorlax back.

*cries*

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    ASDF. should of specified it >__________>
    Hmm lets see, regice could be your best shot imo, though is not the best, it can fill the quota.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Torkoal is mediocre at best. Your only real option is Claydol, unless you want to use Altaria (lol) or Registeel (eew).

enyce

banned
    Years
    aragornbird said:

Torkoal is mediocre at best. Your only real option is Claydol, unless you want to use Altaria (lol) or Registeel (eew).

I have a Claydol!

Can you give me a moveset for that??? Altaria I have but thats lol, I didnt bother to catch the regis...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

'Kay.

Claydol @Leftovers
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam
    -Rest/Explosion
    -Reflect/Light Screen

Competitive sets have Rapid Spin in the last slot.

enyce

banned
    Years
    Thanks AB id think Id die without you =p

Claydol has levitate that means things like Spikes have no effect on it right?

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2006
    That is correct. This sentence makes it so that the message can be sent.

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    Mullet said:
    Use Regice as he sunk the Titanic and all.

That's lol.

Pretty solid Torkoal in-game. Flamethrower>Fire Blast for PP and Body Slam>Double-Edge and Explosion so you don't get hurt.

Those are my suggestions in-game but if you don't like them you can ignore them.

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    Regice @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest

This thing is even fun for in-game.

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    unless you want to use Altaria (lol)

Hey, lay off alteria man. You don't know him like me man. He's really cool when you guys aren't around man. I swear man. :embarrass <DELUSIONAL> Just because he rides the short bus doesn't mean you should smack him around.....who am i kidding <Cripple Fight!!!!>

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Since it's Emerald, Dusclops is a serios option. Ghost type, with 130 in both defenses, immunity to fighting and normal...and all those annoying moves, I hate that pokemon more than anything in all the metagame. I just can't seem to find a decent counter. Sometimes it has Mean Look, sometimes Pain Split, always WoW. Anyway, it gets Calm Mind to raise his already high Sp.Def, and WoW to cripple any attacker. And pressure is just the cherry on the top... Here are some sets for him.

DUSCLOPS @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    - Ice Beam
    - Calm Mind
    - Will-o-Wisp/Psychic
    - Rest
    "CMclops"

DUSCLOPS @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    - Night Shade
    - Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
    - Rest/Destiny Bond
    - Confuse Ray/Toxic/Pain Split/Mean Look/Protect

or just go with the Focus Punching one. But he's more of a Blissey counter, and you don't see Blissey very much ingame, right?

Years
    Lathspell said:
    Since it's Emerald, Dusclops is a serios option. Ghost type, with 130 in both defenses, immunity to fighting and normal...and all those annoying moves, I hate that pokemon more than anything in all the metagame. I just can't seem to find a decent counter. Sometimes it has Mean Look, sometimes Pain Split, always WoW. Anyway, it gets Calm Mind to raise his already high Sp.Def, and WoW to cripple any attacker. And pressure is just the cherry on the top... Here are some sets for him.

DUSCLOPS @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    - Ice Beam
    - Calm Mind
    - Will-o-Wisp/Psychic
    - Rest
    "CMclops"

DUSCLOPS @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    - Night Shade
    - Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
    - Rest/Destiny Bond
    - Confuse Ray/Toxic/Pain Split/Mean Look/Protect

or just go with the Focus Punching one. But he's more of a Blissey counter, and you don't see Blissey very much ingame, right?
    Dusclops is only there to block rapid spin, if you using non-sub skarm this is a good option =/

enyce

banned
    Years
    I would go with Dusclops but I cant find Duskull to even worth a crap. To even attempt a decent Dusclops.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Mullet said:
    Dusclops should always have Emo Spilt unless your using Rest Clops.

Also that second set was like a standard Clops gone wrong or something.

:)) Those were options, just choose two of them. Standard doesn't always work the best. Any of those moves might work, to a lesser extent. Double status, Pain Split (the usual choice), Mean look can be a surprise. And so on.

PS: lol, I don't think I know which is the standard, isn't it the FP one?

Back