• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen I need help with my team

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTG

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Hello I found pokemon yellow in my garage a few weeks ago and have been playing it. I have beaten all of the gyms and now I am at the elite four. The problem is my pokemon stink and I threw away almost all of the TMs I had found, thinking they were useless or I could just get them again. I figured the best thing to do would be restarting the game. This is where you guys come in! :) I made a few questions that I think you poke veterans could help me out with:

1. If I just plan on beating the game, what TMs are good to keep and which should I toss? Also, what pokemon should I use the TMs on?
    2. What is a good team for the end of the game? Example: 1 psychic, 2 water, 1 earth, 2 ice, etc.
    3. Right now my pokemon are in the 40s, what levels should I be before I can expect to take on the elite four?

Any help will be appreciated...if you want you can just name a good pokemon with a good moveset and that would also help me out.

Thanks!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    If you're going to take on the Elite Four, I totally recommend training them to L50 and above. I had L40-45 pokemon as I entered, and I could not make it pass Agatha. And make sure you take a legendary with you, it's a piece of cake. ;)

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
    First off this should probably be moved to the in game team help section. To answer your question, you probably need to get your pokemon to level 55-60. You probably need to get a psychic for Agatha and Bruno. Your pikachu can take our Lorlei. Get a water that can learn ice beam for Lance.

NTG

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    How's this sound? Snorlax, Zapdos, Charizard, Mew, Haunter, and Blastoise. Blastoise. These are my main guys that are close to 50...do I stand a chance when they hit 50? Blastoise and Mew have ice and I figure I can tank with Snorlax...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Zapdos sounds like a good choice when it comes to beating Lorelei. You need a psychic for both Bruno and Agatha (Mew works, but you could really use at least 2 psychic pokemon). If you can get Blastoise or another pokemon to learn an ice move, things will be a lot easier for you. Looks like you got a pretty decent team. Train them a little more.

NTG

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Sweet my bastoise and mew both know ice moves so I think I'm good.

Thanks for the help :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I would move this to the in-game team rating section, but since you don't even have a team posted or decided, it won't meet the requirements.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back