• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i need help with Nameless sprite editor :(

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    hi so I'm trying to import custom sprites in a pokemon fire red rom and this error is keep showing up saying "the image loaded was not indexed or used an undefined alpha channel." what do I do?

Years
    hi so I'm trying to import custom sprites in a pokemon fire red rom and this error is keep showing up saying "the image loaded was not indexed or used an undefined alpha channel." what do I do?

"Not indexed" means the sprite is made up of more then 16 colors. To index the sprite (to bring it to 16 colors), open your image in any image editing software which supports indexed sprites. IrfanView is the best in my opinion, and you simply goto to the "Image" tab, select "Decrease Color Depth", select "16 Colors", click OK, save, and you are good to go.

Last edited:
    Back