• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I need help with shiny hunting in Sapphire as I haven't found anything reliable to help increase my chances.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    I've been REing in hopes of a shiny male Seviper for at least 6 hours now any was wondering if there was anything that could help my chances go up. Im on sapphire and it still has a live battery.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    With the game alone, there's no way to increase your chances of running into a shiny Pokemon other than running into more Pokemon in general. You just have to keep trying.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Soft-resetting is the only option as far as I know, sorry. At least you still have a live battery...

HaxAras

The Cold Necromancer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    I've been REing in hopes of a shiny male Seviper for at least 6 hours now any was wondering if there was anything that could help my chances go up. Im on sapphire and it still has a live battery.

I used a program on my computer that scans my gen 3 saves and eggs and tells me if any of my eggs will hatch shiny on any of my games. In 30 minutes earlier and 41 eggs, I had a shiny Bagon that matched shiny on a Japanese Emerald save I have. I can explain more if you're interested.

camthesaxman

reverse engineer of teh pokeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    There's no way to increase shiny chances beyond the 1/8192 probability in Gen 3, unless you use RNG manipulation. That's why shinies in Gen 3 are so rare and valuable. If you really want to shiny hunt, then you can do what I see a lot of people on YouTube do, which is put multiple GBAs running Pokemon side by side, and shiny hunt on all of them at the same time. It will still take weeks to months, but will be faster than just hunting on one game at a time.

Back