• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen I need help with team building

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2019
    I recently started another playthrough of UM, wanting to use different Pokemon than I did on my first go at it. Currently my team consists of:
    Charjabug
    A-Grimer
    Furfrou
    Flareon
    Brionne

I received a Mareanie in a Wonder Trade with a good nature and all of the egg moves it learns, and I am really considering switching out Brionne for it. Is Mareanie any good, and would it fit within my current team? And any other suggestions for the 6th member of my party?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    What Pokemon did you use the first time, so we don't recommend things to you that you've already used

Mareanie/Toxapex makes for a good defensive Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2019
    My last team consisted of:
    Incineroar
    Totem Raticate (for the lols)
    Salazzle
    Oricorio-Poms
    Azumarill
    Crabominable

Currently I'm on Route 5 on Akala Island, my team is level 18-20

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Ok.

You can get a Hawlucha very early in the game, and it's pretty good for most of the game and so is worth considering for your last team slot. Something with a priority move that's super-effective against Dragon or Psychic is also worth getting too. Not that I remember specific things that have that in US/UM lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2019
    Hawlucha makes a lot of sense, I was dwelling on a fighting type too. It will balance the team out pretty well.

Back