• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] I need help

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2015
    Can someone tell me all the tools you need to make a ROM hack. I have a really great idea that I want to try implementing into a hack.

Years
  • Can someone tell me all the tools you need to make a ROM hack. I have a really great idea that I want to try implementing into a hack.

All right...
    First, you need to get:

1. XSE 1.1.1 (Link)
    2. Advance Map 1.92 or 1.95, but I really suggest 1.92 for beginners(Link)

I got it from destinedjagold

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • The Mapping and Scripting tools are pretty mandatory for making a good hack, but there are bazillions of other tools with myriad other functions that are useful to you.

Karatekid's tool, the Gen 3 Hacking Suite, will do almost any editing involving Pokemon that you would ever need (stats, sprites, movesets, pokedex entries, evolutions etc.)

When I get stuck with the more complex programs, I usually fall back on Darthatron's programs (like Attack Editor Pro). They're simple, which is why I use it when other more complex programs glitch up.

What is this idea you said you had? If i knew what it was I might be able to recommend programs more suited to it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2015
    Damn, I forgot some other tools I need! But anyways the other tools I need are a starter editer, a tool to add a new type or types, a tool to add mega evolutions and a tool to get the national pokedex in the beggining.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • I don't think there is a tool to add mega evolutions. No one has got that completely implemented yet, and if they do they haven't released it publicly.

Back