• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need to get clear on this subject... o_O

John Denver

Banned
Years
  • Maverick said:
    You could, but you'd be completely wrong. I just used the word because I liked it's meaning.

Then what makes people that add -kun or -chan to their names any different?

hmm...?

PWNED

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    There are always a few people who go overboard and make the faction they supposedly represent look really bad. Radical Islamic terrorists make moderate Muslims in general look bad, for example. It's the same way with anime and manga fans. The swarms of false catgirls who swarm conventions make the more moderate members of the faction look really, REALLY bad. Your typical American idiot will automatically assume that the moderates also assume the same stance as the radicals.

Stereotyping is a disease, a cancer of society. It is a plague, but as of now, there is no cure for it.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Acknowledging the situation is the first step in solving any problem; people will eventually realize this and work towards a solution that'll satisfy the majority's needs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2009
    John Denver said:
    Then what makes people that add -kun or -chan to their names any different?

hmm...?

PWNED
    You're an idiot, aren't you? You're one of those guys who thinks that whatever they think overrides anybody else.

As far as I'm aware, "kun" and "chan" just mean buy and girl, so it's hardly that they like the meaning of it. It's a fad, it's the "cool" thing to do so everybody follows it.

So please get your tongue out of your own *** and stop trying to look smart. You'll just fail. Oh, and try getting a life too, instead of spending all of your time trying to play the big man on a little Pok?mon forum. When it comes to having a life, you'll always be "PWNED". Now shut up.

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
  • Maverick said:
    You're an idiot, aren't you? You're one of those guys who thinks that whatever they think overrides anybody else.

As far as I'm aware, "kun" and "chan" just mean buy and girl, so it's hardly that they like the meaning of it. It's a fad, it's the "cool" thing to do so everybody follows it.

So please get your tongue out of your own *** and stop trying to look smart. You'll just fail. Oh, and try getting a life too, instead of spending all of your time trying to play the big man on a little Pok?mon forum. When it comes to having a life, you'll always be "PWNED". Now shut up.

We don't need to be fighting or flaming now do we? ._.;;

But I agree with John Denver on this one. You choosing your name preference is no different than someone adding a japanese suffix to their name isn't it? ^.^

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Congratulations, Maverick! Between this and the dirty jokes in the DCC, you've earned yourself a warning.
    *WARNED*

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2009
    Thank you for that Morkula, that was sooo deserving of a warning. Of all the things I've seen on this forum that have gone unreprimanded, this clearly goes above and beyond all of those.

One more thing, shouldn't you have sent the warning via PM? You know, to make sure that I actually received it properly, instead of assuming that the warning in a thread would've been sufficient. That would've been the correct thing to do. They did a great job appointing you.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • ..hypocrisy..

But the fact remains that you *did* check up on this thread. Anyway, using (a weird kind of) common sense, one can assume you'd be coming back to this thread to see how your insult might have been taken. =P

Even if Morkula posted here, since you seem so intent on settling things through PM, you could've simply PMed him your reaction instead of directly assaulting him, for a lack of a better word. o_O;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Maverick said:
    Thank you for that Morkula, that was sooo deserving of a warning. Of all the things I've seen on this forum that have gone unreprimanded, this clearly goes above and beyond all of those.

One more thing, shouldn't you have sent the warning via PM? You know, to make sure that I actually received it properly, instead of assuming that the warning in a thread would've been sufficient. That would've been the correct thing to do. They did a great job appointing you.
    He should have, and you'll be getting another one if you keep it up, as obvious as it is that you won't care.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2009
    I do care, I don't actually want to be warned or worse by staff. I just think me being warned when I've seen a lot worse behaviour was a bit unjust.
    All I did was retaliate when some idiot tried to be smart with me, that's all. It's not like I went around randomly insulting people.

And those jokes in the DCC...please.

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
  • We really don't need to be fighting do we ;_;. I'm sure that John Denver would be sorry for saying that and I'm sure that Morkula realizes now that he should have sent that through a Private Message, and I bet you don't want another warning Maverick just for anting up the Moderators...we don't need to start any new flames wars ._.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Hitokiri said:
    We really don't need to be fighting do we ;_;. I'm sure that John Denver would be sorry for saying that and I'm sure that Morkula realizes now that he should have sent that through a Private Message, and I bet you don't want another warning Maverick just for anting up the Moderators...we don't need to start any new flames wars ._.

I'm not really sorry actually...I knew he'd get banned anyway. He had less than 100 posts and he was already tweaking on everybody.

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
  • Sawyer said:
    Good point about Korea... I respect that. But of course, there are the numbers of South Koreans who do so =/

And I sure as hell ain't one of them. =/ Meh, when I went to visit my relatives in Busan, South Korea, I saw a bunch of these girls wearing cat ears and TRYING to talk in Japanese... they failed terribly. 0_______oU

But I understand what you mean, it get's annoying as hell.

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
  • xXFallenXx said:
    And I sure as hell ain't one of them. =/ Meh, when I went to visit my relatives in Busan, South Korea, I saw a bunch of these girls wearing cat ears and TRYING to talk in Japanese... they failed terribly. 0_______oU

I guess liking anime is the new popular thing to do ^^;;

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    xXFallenXx said:

My God, there's people here like that too.

Most people are now starting to be manga artists wannabes. ._.; They attempt to draw anime, fail, and dare to call themselves anime artists.

Besides, most anime styles suck butt big time. --; The only anime artist that can really draw is Hiromu Arakawa, hands down.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • I can see where people are coming from complaining about this.

I'm not Japanese or Asian in any way. I like anime, I like Manga. I am attempting to learn the language. I would never go cosplaying. I had a very basic understanding of the Japanese language from 2 places. A book which gives a list of rudimentary phrases, & seven years of Judo (this is mainly fighting terms.) I know very little of Japanese culture outside of this despite what I learnt having a Japanese exchange student live with my family for a couple of weeks. I've never wanted or needed to use Japanese words mixed with English. There's no point.

Kim

Years
  • Sawyer said:
    What is it with all the non-Asian people trying to be Japanese? You see them all over Anime conventions... Last year when I went to Comic-Con in San Diego (going again this year, and I know I'll see them), you see a bunch of normal, regular girls with cat ears on. You can always expect to see one of these catgirls anywhere you go where there's anime or Fruits Basket. I mean, more power to them if they're trying to be original, but it's getting so used by people trying to adopt cultures with false information about them. They're all over the place. I respect the Asian culture, I study it myself, but... these people who have no idea what the culture is about are flipping out over these cat ears, even though they have no idea what they are. And this kind of person can be seen online. No offense to the people on this forum who do so, but what is with the Japanese names? Like... Kurosaki, Kazuhito, etc.? I thought about one myself a year ago, then I had to go wash my mouth out with soap. This is not intended to offend anyone, and I am sorry for the people I may and probably will offend. But please, can someone tell me why people are running away from their own cultures?

And to the other side of the story... Asian people trying to be white? Why can't anyone embrace their culture anymore? It just sickens me... there's this Korean kid at my school who died his hair blond, and I asked him why he did that, and why he wasn't proud of his descent. He said that he was not proud to be Korean, and that it was important to be really cool rather than respecting where you came from. You tell me... does what I (and you probably) see make any sense?
    EDIT: Just found it... xD

sp01192004.gif

hahahahahahaha. Oh my gosh, your post is funny. Because it is SO TRUE.

I see girls all the time at the mall with those cat ears on. I love it when they say "i'm original!"...yeah...just like every other girl who does it? Sheesh.

I'm not an anime fan in the least. Is Pokemon considered anime? I don't watch it, just play the super old games on my Game Boy Color. THat's the most I delve into it. Heh.

I have been studying Japanese culture for quite some time now. Mainly the Geisha, teahouse owners, and the more "High society" folks in their culture and history. Nowhere did I ever see cat ears. I love it when people think all Japanese teenagers sport those cat ears and dress like little anime cartoons. A friend of mine is living in Japan right now with her family (her husband is stations in the Air Force)...I ought to ask her if that's how it really is.:laugh:

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
  • Kim said:
    hahahahahahaha. Oh my gosh, your post is funny. Because it is SO TRUE.

I see girls all the time at the mall with those cat ears on. I love it when they say "i'm original!"...yeah...just like every other girl who does it? Sheesh.

I'm not an anime fan in the least. Is Pokemon considered anime? I don't watch it, just play the super old games on my Game Boy Color. THat's the most I delve into it. Heh.

I have been studying Japanese culture for quite some time now. Mainly the Geisha, teahouse owners, and the more "High society" folks in their culture and history. Nowhere did I ever see cat ears. I love it when people think all Japanese teenagers sport those cat ears and dress like little anime cartoons. A friend of mine is living in Japan right now with her family (her husband is stations in the Air Force)...I ought to ask her if that's how it really is.:laugh:

I think the only reason they buy cat ears is because they sell it at Hot Topic. Otaku wannabees will buy anything at hot topic XD

Back