• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] I only want the female protagonist to be playable

TheLeafFan28

aka. Xenoleaf
Years
  • Hey, I'm trying to create a hack of Pok?mon FireRed where I only want the female protagonist to be playable for story reasons.
    Unfortunately I don't know anything about ASM hacking... can someone help me create an ASM script that skips the gender selection to force me to be female?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Once you get enough progress in your game to post a thread on it, I'll help you out with the gender selection.

TheLeafFan28

aka. Xenoleaf
    Years
  • Once you get enough progress in your game to post a thread on it, I'll help you out with the gender selection.
    Okay. The only problem is I haven't actually done this before, and I don't know how to use Knizz's database, since it apparently doensn't work with IDA Pro Free version, and I can't find the 6.6 version that he talks about in his signature anywhere (the one you use in your tutorials, which I read all night yesterday).

Any help or advice on where I could find the offsets that are needed? I'm sorry for asking all these (probably stupid) questions... I'm a newbie, and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Alternatively, could you help me get in touch with someone who can help me understand what I have to do? It's just kind of hard to make any progress when my original plan is to basically just make a base for a future project I'm gonna make once I get more experienced with ASM scripting.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Okay. The only problem is I haven't actually done this before, and I don't know how to use Knizz's database, since it apparently doensn't work with IDA Pro Free version, and I can't find the 6.6 version that he talks about in his signature anywhere (the one you use in your tutorials, which I read all night yesterday).

Any help or advice on where I could find the offsets that are needed? I'm sorry for asking all these (probably stupid) questions... I'm a newbie, and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Alternatively, could you help me get in touch with someone who can help me understand what I have to do? It's just kind of hard to make any progress when my original plan is to basically just make a base for a future project I'm gonna make once I get more experienced with ASM scripting.

The PC discord server in the textroom #romhacking will have people who can help you out.

TheLeafFan28

aka. Xenoleaf
    Years
  • The PC discord server in the textroom #romhacking will have people who can help you out.
    Thank you very much, I'll check it out immediately! I'm in your debt... and I hope you can help me with the project when I get skilled enough to produce something...
    I've read your tutorials and I'd be so relieved if you could help out, even if a little bit. Even though I know you're probably busy and I wouldn't wanna trouble you any more than I already have.

I might be a noob now, but one day, I promise I'll make great hacks! What I lack in knowledge so far, I make up for in persistence and passion.

Thank you again!

Back