• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] I think it is pretty much confirmed that series is set in a different universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    No they don't. They don't have to reference things everything. You are the one lying. Stop annoying me. I know what i am saying. SM anime is canon to past seasons. That is fact. Accept it or don't watch the show because you are clearly not watching it properly in my opinion. Stop replying to me if you are gonna disagree every time.

I'm not lying, actually. Do you really think I'd accurately state all those examples of the anime making references to stuff, or how the leagues specifically mention Ash's current ranking, if I were lying there. No, they do reference things, and in the case of leagues at least, such references are required. And as such, I know if I were the writers and I wanted to avoid any implications that SM was in any way not canon to the rest of the anime, especially in light of Movie 20, I'd make sure to avoid any tie-in mangas to SM, and in fact, I'd even go so far as to ensure Ash explicitly mentions having traveled with Misty and Brock in order to ensure people got the movie wasn't canon.

And BTW, I haven't even WATCHED the show since the beginning of DP. I got all my information from bulbapedia, various forum posts and discussion threads as well as review pages, and all of that.

But hey, maybe you and I are using separate dictionaries: How about you tell me where exactly I'm playing loose with the truth, and give irrefutable proof of it, like, I don't know, check Bulbapedia or some other episode summary and prove I'm lying. If you don't, stop calling me a liar simply because I disagree with you.

And for the record, this topic is about whether or not SM is an AU.

SM is atleast canon to the anime because Ash and his Mom were seen leaving Kanto for the Alola region. M20 will not be canon to the anime and i doubt that it will.

We'll see. There's still the fact that Rica and the Sound Director indicated otherwise (which would probably get them fired if what she said isn't what the higher ups approved of). And besides, the tie-in manga had Ash flashing back after the final trial, and there's no point to making that manga if it wasn't canon. Still, least you aren't calling me a liar.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I'm not lying, actually. Do you really think I'd accurately state all those examples of the anime making references to stuff, or how the leagues specifically mention Ash's current ranking, if I were lying there. No, they do reference things, and in the case of leagues at least, such references are required. And as such, I know if I were the writers and I wanted to avoid any implications that SM was in any way not canon to the rest of the anime, especially in light of Movie 20, I'd make sure to avoid any tie-in mangas to SM, and in fact, I'd even go so far as to ensure Ash explicitly mentions having traveled with Misty and Brock in order to ensure people got the movie wasn't canon.

And BTW, I haven't even WATCHED the show since the beginning of DP. I got all my information from bulbapedia, various forum posts and discussion threads as well as review pages, and all of that.

But hey, maybe you and I are using separate dictionaries: How about you tell me where exactly I'm playing loose with the truth, and give irrefutable proof of it, like, I don't know, check Bulbapedia or some other episode summary and prove I'm lying. If you don't, stop calling me a liar simply because I disagree with you.

You have not accurately stated anything. You are posting in intent to annoy. Just don't reply to me if you disagree. I say SM is canon to past seasons and we don't need references. Not you or anyone else can change my mind. Just drop it already. Agree to disagree for once.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019

I hate to break it to you. But SM anime is canon to the entire main Pokemon universe, M20 is the only thing that is not canon to the anime.

Years
  • Congratulations for keeping this civil discussion guys! Once again I want to say that you must respect other users and their opinions. Instead of this you all argue all the time and reporting each other. Of course I'm going to close the thread for now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back