• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i think they are cats

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    They're neither cats nor dogs. They're beasts from mythology. Raikou's a raiju, Suicune's a kirin (sorry, messed that up the first time), and Entei is... I can't recall the name, but one of those lionish looking things that are on all those Chinese statues. All of them have elements of animals, but they're primarily the beasts. (of all the times I could use that GameFAQs topic that explained this really well... sigh...)

By the way, people who say Suicune's one thing while Raikou and Entei are another- how many other trios do we have where one member is something different than the other two? They're always all from the same background, which in this case is mythological creatures. (and for heaven's sake, nobody had better say the Hoenn trio in regards to this because they're based off creatures from Hebrew mythology.)

EDIT: OK, couldn't find the topic but I found the relevant image that sums it up. Check it: https://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3492/beastsp.png ...and there you have it.

Last edited:

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
    Years
    I've always called them the Legendary Dogs, due to them being referred to as dogs in an official Nintendo guide I had for Gold and Silver back in the day.

Imo they look more like dogs than cats also.
    Agreed.
    I never had the guide, but I always heard they were called 'dogs' in it.
    And they really do look like dogs.
    I shall forever call them dogs.

dragontamerandrea

i love my scalies. :3
    Years
    I don't think they are anything, they are actually called the legendary beasts, i think each one has both feline and canine qualities but they ARE NOT dogs or cats they are pokemon! x3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Entei is a Lion
    Suicune is a Cheetah
    Raikou-Sabertooth Tiger

DONE!
    Good, but I fancy Suicune as a wolf-based creature.

But really, the bottom line is they're Pokemom — pocket monsters, just generic Japanese RPG monsters. I've preferred the term 'legendary beasts' since seeing it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    I've always thought they were cats :x
    Also, am I the only person who thinks of Suicune as a female?

Back