• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen I thought this would be Helpful.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I never knew about this. Thanks for sharing. Crystal was one of my favorite pokemon games.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    This does not work in RBY because it is a variant of the GSC cloning trick, which does not work in RBY.

The monsters do not appear in your Pokédex because of the way the game adds to the dex. They will appear if you obtain a Ditto later in the game and breed them. Their evolutions will appear in the Pokédex when they evolve, as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Huh. I was aware of the cloning trick (yay for a team composed of Eevolutions), but I never actually thought to use the trick to get three starters.

And yeah, like IIMarckus said, the trick won't work in RBY. Only in GSC.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Ah, I remember reading about this trick back when Crystal first came out, and so I had all three starters for my first playthrough.

I came back to Crystal a couple of days ago, though, and my old file is gone. And now I'm sad.

Back