• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I tried not to nostalgia...

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    but i couldnt do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxU2UjAjN24

what happened to the good ol' days when all you had to do was beat the elite four and youre done? when catching all 151 was cool, and having that level 100 charizard made you the coolest kid in school. Now all i hear is "DERP DERP, I HAZ EV TRAINED MUDKIPZ LOLOLOL"

i miss those old days.

BRB nostalgia'ing by playing Pokemon red and running up and down bicycle road lolololol

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I don't think nostalgia is a verb, also what do you want us to discuss? I don't think your quote makes them seem bad since the writing seems just like yours but all capitalized.

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
    :P so you miss being naive to the inner workings of the game...? i see and if we would have stayed at 150 i would of gave up on pokemon a long time ago and got bored...you can only battle the same level 100s so many times with the same movesets with the same local kids...ill pass

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Sprites were crap. Some Pokemon couldn't be identified by the back sprite.
    Music was good, FRLR had the best music.
    I know what you mean. It's the whole EV and IV crap and a dumpload of strategies that doesn't mix up to you. I was like this too, but battlin' is fun once you get the hang of it.

sygma

This innocence is brillance
    Years
    but i couldnt do it

what happened to the good ol' days when all you had to do was beat the elite four and youre done? when catching all 151 was cool, and having that level 100 charizard made you the coolest kid in school. Now all i hear is "DERP DERP, I HAZ EV TRAINED MUDKIPZ LOLOLOL"

i miss those old days.

BRB nostalgia'ing by playing Pokemon red and running up and down bicycle road lolololol

I know what you mean. I found my old Pokémon Red game a few days ago and rocked it for 8 hours straight and had a bloody good time. However, I do enjoy playing HG/SS and think they've improved upon the base that R/B set.

Years
    Just because the game has been improved and and released numerous sequels doesn't mean people still can't/don't enjoy the others.

I feel your pain TC, I nostalgia'd too. ;_: I prefer the newer games but the old ones still have a place in my heart, I rarely had the music on though cause I was always shouted at by my parents too "turn that noise off", and they accuse out generation of not having taste? Pfft... Hypocrites.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    i almost cried hearing the original bike theme after not playing the game for like 6 years, lol

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    I understand (BTW I saw this vid on a different thread already...). The first Pokemon game I played was Gold, and I loved 3 things in that game:

My best friend Cyndaquil.

Azalea Town.

National Park music!

It is amazing how Satoshi Tajiri is able to make us feel such an incredible nostalgia that we almost want to cry. I hope he knows that he has done a wonderful thing for us.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    What's so bad about having an EV trained Mudkip? You don't have to EV train to complete the games. To battle online, you probably do if you want to win. That's pretty much it though. In Red and Blue, there were no WiFi battles. So it's not like you've lost anything. As much as I love the older games, the new ones are better. They have the storyline and everything. The old graphics were horrible. Some Pokémon looked totally ridiculous. Remember the box system? The glitches? How easy was it to ruin your game? All that bad stuff is gone. And if you miss it that much, you can always keep playing the older games. The old music admittedly, I do miss. HeartGold and SoulSilver have that now as well though. I still play my old games, and I'll continue to do so for a long time, but the games are not in any way getting worse.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    glitches = cool

missingno +rare candy in 6th slot= almost win

missingno + forgetting to move the bicycle from the 6th slot= So much fail it = win

FR/LF were crap remakes

Back