• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want to increase the shiny rate of a rom hack

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Hey, i recently started playing Fire Red Omega, and I realized that shiny rates are the same as before. I was hoping if anyone could help me change the shiny rates using a hex editor thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2024
    Hello, I figured out how to easily change the odds. First you need to download HexManiacAdvance. Then search for "Shiny odd" and select "Scripts.shiny.odds". This will take you to a screen with a few highlighted variables. Double click on the first one (default should be 8) This will take you to another screen with the same number highlighted. Change that value to whatever odds you want (from 1-255). For example the default is 8 which results in 65535/8 = 8191, which is the default 1/8191 odds in fire red. If you changed the "8" to 60 for example, the odds would become 65535/60 = 1092. So now the shiny odds are 1/1092. If you set it to the max which is 255, your shiny odds become 1/257

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021
    Hello, I figured out how to easily change the odds. First you need to download HexManiacAdvance. Then search for "Shiny odd" and select "Scripts.shiny.odds". This will take you to a screen with a few highlighted variables. Double click on the first one (default should be 8) This will take you to another screen with the same number highlighted. Change that value to whatever odds you want (from 1-255). For example the default is 8 which results in 65535/8 = 8191, which is the default 1/8191 odds in fire red. If you changed the "8" to 60 for example, the odds would become 65535/60 = 1092. So now the shiny odds are 1/1092. If you set it to the max which is 255, your shiny odds become 1/257

Hello,
    I know this method to improve the rate to 1/257 but I would like to go beyond, for example 1/50, how to do it and with which software?
    thank you so much

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2024
    Hello,
    I know this method to improve the rate to 1/257 but I would like to go beyond, for example 1/50, how to do it and with which software?
    thank you so much

Not possible. 1/257 is the highest you can go

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021
    Hello,

I downloaded axe 3 but i dont know where to search shiny odd?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    Hi, I'm new to this but can someone help me, I'm trying to increase my shiny odds for ultra sun because i want a shiny Rowlet and don't want to keep resetting for one to much time consuming. Anyways can some one help me figure out how I can increase my shiny odds

Days
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023

does this work in other games? (like gen 2 and gen 3 games)

Back