• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] I was bored.

Years
    So, I was in the car, bored out of my mind, playing Pokemon X and training my Cubone in the route in between Snowbelle City and Victory Road. The way I was training it was I was sending it out then switching it out for my Charizard so Charizard could defeat the Pokemon. After a while I thought, hmmm, Charizard's head shape looks awfully like Cubone's skull. And so my theory is that Cubone is actually Charmander. Before you call me insane, hear me out. What if Cubone is a Charmander whose tail went out? It says in a Charmander pokedex entry it says if its tail goes out it dies. That would make Cubone undead in a way, which is why its skin is brown and there are ridges on its back. It sounds ridiculous, but I think maybe the reason its eye shape is different is because it's grieving for its mother. People often say it's the baby of Kangaskhan, but Khangaskhan's babies are blue, and the spikes come from the SIDE of its head. Plus all Kangaskhan are female and there are male Cubones.That will be all for this theory. This is my original theory, please don't go and go 'blahblahblah' without mentioning me... I know, I sound super selfish...but please? I doubt this will be one of the popular Pokemon theories anyway, but whatever. :)

AxeArmads

Chatot is the best~
    Years
    Kangaskhan babies are blue but Kangaskhan is brown, so Kangaskhan babies probably turn brown while they're growing.

Kangaskhan, Cubone, and the Charmander's family share the same egg group, maybe the Cubone/Marowak species originated by the breeding of Charizard and a Kangaskhan!
    Pretty interesting topic. We should ask Game Freak about it (???)

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    The only problem with this theory is Cubone is Ground while Charizard is Fire/Flying so even if it would be a undead Charmander it wouldn't really make sense for it to change to a Ground type and not something more logical like a Ghost type. That's actually something people never bring up with with the Kangaskhan theory as Kangaskhan is normal while Cubone is ground.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's really impressive that you thought of it yourself, I'll give you that! However, I have actually seen this theory before ;)

I was bored.

I don't think it's what the creators intended but it's my creepy headcanon 8)

Edit: uh... Why doesn't the pic parse O.o

double edit: <.< >.>

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2014
    I've got an incredible theory which I know to be absolutely true!
    Spoiler:

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    I've got an incredible theory which I know to be absolutely true!
    Spoiler:

Whos to say it's not? Cubone has a mother gamefreak has just been very good at letting the community discuss about it rather than outright telling us. Just because it's a theory doesn't mean it's not true

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    That's actually pretty cool, it's so refreshing to see new theories - always see the same few ones floating around. :P I know it's not perfect and there are flaws, but it still makes a fair amount of sense, especially combined with the picture adventure posted.

Years
    It's really impressive that you thought of it yourself, I'll give you that! However, I have actually seen this theory before ;)
    double edit: <.< >.>

Well now I feel like an idiot, not thinking that someone else might have thought of it... that's the last time I think up a theory and tell anyone... even my brother made fun of me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well now I feel like an idiot, not thinking that someone else might have thought of it... that's the last time I think up a theory and tell anyone... even my brother made fun of me.

Don't feel down about that; the fact that others thought of it too only shows what a good theory it was!

Back