• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ice stall (1st RMT)

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
    Hello to my RMT Thread. I've been into the competitive gaming for like 3 months now and I'm the kind of person who wants to be the best (at least i want to have a decent team :D). I always liked to make teams in Pokemon, but I'm new to the competitive gaming. When i make a team, I'd like that the Pokemon in it have synergy, so I made a team that abuses Hail damage. Made it last month (I think) and then made like 7 versions of it, tested all the versions and I post here the "best" version of the team.

I'm new to the competitive gaming so bare that in mind when you review my team. I'm not into the whole "Threaths in the OU metagame" so can you help me with my team??

This is my team at first glance:

Ice stall (1st RMT)
    Ice stall (1st RMT)
    Ice stall (1st RMT)
    Ice stall (1st RMT)
    Ice stall (1st RMT)
    Ice stall (1st RMT)

My lead:

Ice stall (1st RMT)

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
    Jolly / Snow Warning
    EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Ice Shard
    -Wood Hammer

This is my lead, because of the Snow Warning ability (like duh). Almost every time I switch it out in the first turn, but if there's something it can handle (like Aerodactyl, because they always go for Taunt first and I 2HKO them with Ice Shard), it stays in. I choose the physicall variant because all my other pokemon are specially oriented (besides Gliscor). Ice Shard for the priority and STAB, it's very useful. Wood Hammer for the other STAB and the bulky waters. Sub + Leech Seed makes a good stalling combo. The EV's given are here for more power, but i think that this is not a good spread, you decide.

Ice stall (1st RMT)

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish / Sand Veil
    EV: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Roost
    -Stone Edge

This is my defensive Gliscor. My counter to Tyranitar, Lucario (not carrying ice punch) and non-scarfed Heatran. Stealth Rock support is so cool. Earthquake for STAB and countering Tyranitar, Lucario, etc. Roost for the recovery and Stone Edge for better coverage. Yes, this and the Magnezone set is from Smogon.

Ice stall (1st RMT)

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Naive / Magnet Pull
    EV: 4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power Fire
    -Flash Cannon
    -Explosion

This is my counter to most steels and this is my revenge killer. Getting the speed boost from Scarf, it solves the Magnezone speed problem. Thunderbolt for STAB. HP Fire for killing steels. Flash Cannon for 2nd STAB and Explosion when I'm at low health.

Ice stall (1st RMT)
    Tentacruel @ Leftovers
    Calm / Liquid Ooze
    EV: 252 HP / 120 Def / 132 Spd
    -Rapid Spin
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Surf
    -Sludge Bomb

This is my rapid spinner of choice. It hits 2 flies with 1 blow. It absorbs T-Spikes and lays them of my own. It helps me really with the stalling against bulky waters and such. Rapid Spin to remove opponents entry hazzards. Surf and Sludge Bomb for STAB moves.

Ice stall (1st RMT)

Rotom - f @ Leftovers
    Bold / Levitate
    EV: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd
    -Blizzard
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

My status absorber and Sleep Talker. It helps me absorb Ground, Normal and Fight attacks. Blizzard with 100% accuracy with Hail up. Thunderbolt for STAB. Rest / Sleep Talk combo for absorbing status moves. This is my Rapid Spin blocker, because if i lay 2x T-Spikes and Stealth Rock, they will most likely switch to a Rapid Spinner if they have one.

Ice stall (1st RMT)

Walrein @ Leftovers
    Bold / Ice Body
    EV: 220 HP / 240 Def / 50 Spe
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -Surf
    -Roar/Toxic

This is the star of the team : STALLREIN. This beast can outstall a whole team if I predict right and they aren't prepared for something like this. When you get in the ciclus of Sub/Prot/Sub/... then you can Stall for 32 Turns. That is 2 pokes with just Hail, but if you they get T-spikes and SR damage it can kill more Pokemon. Surf is for STAB. The last move is Roar or Toxic. I play with Roar because it can Pseudo Phaze things that are trying to set up on me.

You've seen my team now. Pls help me make it better than it is now and pls don't be harsh to me if i did something wrong.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    While I'm not too well versed on Hail Stall, I do see a problem with DD Tyranitar. It can come in on HP Fire choiced Magnezone or a sleeping Rotom-F, remove your hail, get a free boost and run through most of your team. Crunch / Stone Edge / Aqua Tail pretty much demolishes everything, and nothing can outspeed it after a boost =(

Other than that, I don't see too many huge weaks. Hopefully someone else can help you out a bit more.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Sword dance >> Roost on Gliscor. Also are you sure about no Life orb and 4 leftovers? I can see Abomasnow carry Life orb. Gl with team!

heLLkitsune

Years
    Sword dance >> Roost on Gliscor. Also are you sure about no Life orb and 4 leftovers? I can see Abomasnow carry Life orb. Gl with team!
    why should i put SD ove Roost on Gliscor? pls say why. and also, I think the leftovers help Abomasnow better than LO would, after all its a stall team.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    why should i put SD ove Roost on Gliscor? pls say why.
    Cuz if you predict your opponent's move right you might get a free SD up. A Sword danced Gliscor with STAB EQ takes down almost everything it can hit. That's why i think so but it's up to you.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah no, every Gliscor set needs Roost. Especially when you have a tyranitar weakness a mile wide otherwise. :/

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Why would you not have Abomasnow carry Blizzard? Hail usually kills the opponent off anyways if its a lead, so I don't see the need for Ice Shard. Blizzard>> it.

Sludge Bomb really isn't that great even though it has STAB. I would prefer Ice Beam/Blizzard >> it.

Also, Walrein got Super Fang in HG/SS. I would try it out somewhere on his set.

I'll come back later.

heLLkitsune

Years
    Why would you not have Abomasnow carry Blizzard? Hail usually kills the opponent off anyways if its a lead, so I don't see the need for Ice Shard. Blizzard>> it.

Sludge Bomb really isn't that great even though it has STAB. I would prefer Ice Beam/Blizzard >> it.

Also, Walrein got Super Fang in HG/SS. I would try it out somewhere on his set.

I'll come back later.
    i made Abomasnow physical so and it checks DDMence (i think so) because Ice Shard is a priority move.
    Could i run Knock Off or Toxic maybe (a support move) over Sludge Bomb, what do you think?
    Also, I could try the Walrein having Super Fang.

Back