• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ideas for future Pokemon games.

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    I have thought about things that should be in the Pokemon games or that could be used for good spinoffs since I was in elementary school. I thought I'd share them.

1. Character Customization:
    I love customization. Why has there been no Tony Hawk- style customization out there? To have me in the game as a main character would be amazing. with all the lame crap they are adding to the games, why dont they put a good custom character in there?

2. Controlling the pokemon while out of the pokeball:
    Its just an Idea. none of that SSMB Red's team crap. A full arena to run around and fight in.

3. The Orange Islands:
    I know I'm not the only one who has been dissappointed by the fact that there has been no game featuring the Orange Islands.

4. Actual Voice overs, not just txt:
    It doesnt bother me having to read, its just nice to hear a voice on a game sometime.

5. More cameos:
    I like battling Red and Blue. Maybe we could add Green from the Manga? Or be able to fight all the heroes.

6. An actual League Tournament instead of an Elite Four:
    On the show and in the Manga, the Pokemon League is a tournament, not a battle through 4 elite members and a champion at the end.

7. Being able to drop out of the elite four whenever you want:
    Self explanatory.

Spinoff Ideas:

1. An MMO
    I would love a pokemon MMO. Being able to run around in a fully 3D modeled pokemon world would be cool. I would probably not leave the computer for a very long time. When a new region comes out with new pokemon, theres a new expansion pack.

2. Remake of Hey You Pikachu:
    I loved that game on the N64. I spent so many hours with that game.

3. A new Pokemon Snap:
    Yet another good addition to the franchise. Make it longer this time.

4. A Pokemon Puzzle League sequel:
    I know that they made Puzzle Challenge for the GBC and while its fun, its not the same. I would love this to be made.

5. Pokemon Stadium:
    I know that when Colosseum came out on the GC, everyone thought it would be like Stadium, but it wasn't at all. It was crap. I played it at a friends house and never touched it again. Stadium (which I'm still working on beating) was an amazing game. They should make a game like this without alll the crap story and more fighting.

Last edited:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Id like to read what my player says instead of .............................................. all the time. and i guess acual voice would be cool... just id imagine it wouldnt be easy.

im not exactly sure what your talking about when outside of the pokeball... what do you expect them to do?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I wish there were more than just two trainers to chose from. You should be able to design you player and dress them up.

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Id like to read what my player says instead of .............................................. all the time. and i guess acual voice would be cool... just id imagine it wouldnt be easy.

The ......... is annoying. I wish Red would say SOMETHING to you for beating him.

-im not exactly sure what your talking about when outside of the pokeball... what do you expect them to do?

It's just a cool idea for a spinoff, I guess. I wouldn't wanna change the turn based mode because that IS pokemon. I'm sayin for a spinoff they could have you controll the pokemon when out of the balls. If I had to compare the camera style to anything, I'd have to say it would be like a UFC game or a WWE game. The fighting would be a lot better than those, but thats the kinda style I could go for in a game maybe on the Wii.

I wish there were more than just two trainers to chose from. You should be able to design you player and dress them up.

That's exactly what I was talking about. See? I knew I wasnt the only one.

I just thought of another Idea. Its in the original post.

Last edited:

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    oh and yes i do support customisation... then again green brendan is beastly.

Sexy headband ^^

hahaha. I dont understand why they havent done customization. It wouldnt even be that hard or take long to make.

ManmadeWalnut

Shiny Bidoof
    Years
    I love the idea of character customization.

I think it'd be awesome if they gave you more side tasks to do besides the main quest. Obviously you have stuff like finding Pokemon to catch so you can trade it for something else or delivering a certain Pokemon to somebody else, but why not stuff like having to go out of your way to battle somebody or finding particular items or Pokemon and what-not and receiving money from somebody for doing so? I think they could do so much with that.

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    I love the idea of character customization.

I think it'd be awesome if they gave you more side tasks to do besides the main quest. Obviously you have stuff like finding Pokemon to catch so you can trade it for something else or delivering a certain Pokemon to somebody else, but why not stuff like having to go out of your way to battle somebody or finding particular items or Pokemon and what-not and receiving money from somebody for doing so? I think they could do so much with that.

that does sound awesome. i think it would also be cool to add being able to start in different towns accorfing to a quiz result or something. and your characters backstory have to do with it as well

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Here's the fire starter that I hope to have something similar to in a game.
    Igneot Fire/Rock
    Stongma Fire/Rock
    Volkanoid Fire/Rock
    I would so pick that starter!

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Here's the fire starter that I hope to have something similar to in a game.
    Igneot Fire/Rock
    Stongma Fire/Rock
    Volkanoid Fire/Rock
    I would so pick that starter!

that sounds pretty awesome. i actually have a ROM me and a friend are makin based on FR and we have the legendary dogs + prevos for the starters. i of course modified the stats so they arent ubers but its pretty cool so far.

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    redistributing the original RBY/GSC on DS with the same 8 bit everything because everybodys batterys r dying

if ur hg/ss are dying, change your screen brightness. I did and it doubled my battery life. also, if you want to play the originals, just get an iPlayer card for your DS. I have Red, Chrystal, and a few rom hacks. iPlayer also allows you to play GBA roms, movies, and music. It actually can play any DS-Compatible emulator. Google it. I got my iPlayer for 50 bucks and it came with an 8-gig memory card for it. In the long run, its really useful cuz you can play any GBA, GB, GBC, NES, SNES, and SEGA GENESIS roms that exist on the internet, and a bunch of other systems too as long as there is a compatable emulator for DS

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Character customization would ruin the manga since the main characters are based off the game protagonists.

Anyway, all I want is Vs. Seeker now, Vs. Seeker tomorrow, Vs. Seeker forever. Every game from now on, I want it there. And that is all.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    They NEED to have a 3D rpg Pokemon game! For the Wii or something besides the portable games, ya know? It'd be an rpg adventure and I'm sure it would get a lot of hits! You know what else would be awesome...? A brawl-type of game where you can choose which Pokemon you want to be and can battle against other Pokemon! Like in DBZ games and such, there are certain buttons to push to create an attack- Well that's how it could be for said game! I think it's an awesome idea, but Nintendo probably wouldn't do it... They'd probably say "Oooohhh that's too violent~*~*~*" -___-

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    There needs to be a sequel for the Pokemon Colloseum for the Wii. Battle Revolution is just all battling. I want character customization as well (the main protagonist as the defaults; you can change their appearances from there). Also, like Syd said, the Vs. Seeker is one of the best features for battle; I want it to be put in future games, especially B/W.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    They NEED to have a 3D rpg Pokemon game! For the Wii or something besides the portable games, ya know? It'd be an rpg adventure and I'm sure it would get a lot of hits! You know what else would be awesome...? A brawl-type of game where you can choose which Pokemon you want to be and can battle against other Pokemon! Like in DBZ games and such, there are certain buttons to push to create an attack- Well that's how it could be for said game! I think it's an awesome idea, but Nintendo probably wouldn't do it... They'd probably say "Oooohhh that's too violent~*~*~*" -___-
    If they made a Pokemon brawl game. It would be the same as super smash bros. brawl. Although that would be an intense game lol

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
    I would like a game where all the regions are connected, like after Johto that you are visiting Kanto :D It would be so awesome that in a future game you could visit all five (for now) regions :D

Years
    A main idea that I have always wanted is to have a pokemon school or academy, where you have to graduate and then leave on your journey around the region, kind of like Ranger 2: Shadows of Almia, but an actual pokemon game and not a spinoff.

Back