• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Brock does leave fifth Generation: will you be happy?

Will you be happy?

• Yes

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 78 54.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
  • I am really surprised that so many people here are sad if Brock does leave.

I wouldn't want Brock to leave; he's there from the beginning. His constant womanizing continues to humor me, even though he has done this ever since the first season. Everyone loves his cooking. It would be a shame to have someone else act as a chef for them. Throughout the time, Brock slowly graduated from a dynamic character to kind of person who is always there for the team. However, he would rather be in the background than battling headon with Ash.

It would be sad for me if Brock does leave. He's one of my favorite out of all the characters in the anime.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I like Brock. He was my favourite, but then he got stale. He falls for some ugly girls, is very random with that aspect at time, and is stale. So I voted happy :)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm not a fan of Brock... he is more annoying than anything. His girl crazy outbursts are not even funny anymore and his appearance doesnt do him any favors. His Pokemon are lame (besides Croagunk) and he is just a total bore fest. I would love if Misty came back and a new guy came along, maybe the guy from Black and White.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I would be SO FREAKIN' PISSED if he left.

I mean seriously; the Pokémon Anime just wouldn't be the same without Brock. He's awesome. Case closed.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
  • x.x; I've heard those rumours about Brock as well....first Misty and now possibly Brock, ehh it was bad enough when Misty left and if Brock goes, it just won't be the same, like someone before me said, it would be like seeing Ash leave and disappearing, never to be seen again...I kind of hope those rumours are wrong, but I guess with new generations of children coming to like the Anime all the time, I suppose its just the producers giving them something new. We can all cry, scream and stomp our feet all we want....xD but there is no way the producers are going to really take notice if those rumours are true, I think its just the way it works, new changes+new characters+new generations of children watching=Money.

Trope

Protéger just au matin~Féerie!
    Years
  • I was sad when Misty left the series. I'll be even sadder if Brock leaves, as then only Ash will remain (they can't replace him, now can they...). What's with all the random switching anyway? Couldn't they just stick to the original trio? =/

Years
  • This would be terrible. We all saw how bad his replacement was during the Orange Island part of the series.

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
  • actually i would be really happy. (jumps up and down, high fives the air)

so i don't have to hear that very low voice anymore. find it annoying. like where's the enthusiasm in his voice? But then, who's going to get all the girls?

Ashe~

Butterflies
    Years
  • I wouldn't want him gone! Tbh I kind of wish Misty would make another appearance. The original 3 ftw <3 Plus ash still owes her a bike XD

Doesn't he owe all of them a bike?
    He burned Misty's bike, burned May's bike, and Dawn's bike. :P

Brock should stay and Misty should come back. :[
    Her sisters had a long enough vacation. <.<

Rumi

Bottlecap Collector
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    No! D: Brock's always been my favorite character. I don't watch the anime as regularly as I used to, but when I can catch it I enjoy seeing him and James still there. They're my favorites, and it seems that everyone wants to see Brock and Team Rocket leave, lol. I like his intelligence and goofiness...he's the most likable character, imo. Though I do miss Eric Stuart as the voice actor!

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • Brock should stay but they get all the old voice actors back.
    I try to watch BD and whatever the new one is called but I just cant, its too much cringe.
    They should also give him a more active role, give him some decent pokemon and actually have him do something other than giving the odd sick pokemon a berry or two.
    :D Pewter Gym has done fine without him so far, why not go all the way to the land of 5th Gen? xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Ashe~ said:
    Doesn't he owe all of them a bike?
    He burned Misty's bike, burned May's bike, and Dawn's bike. :P

I don't think May and Dawn followed him because he burned their bikes if I remember correctly. Anyone know for sure?

Oh right, I'm supposed to answer the question too. Let's see here . . . I would be beyond happy if he left. It's time to let someone else to join Ash and new girl on their adventures.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I don't think May and Dawn followed him because he burned their bikes if I remember correctly. Anyone know for sure?
    May tagged along Ash partially because of her bike being burned, however Dawn nor May really did ever hold a grudge because of it like Misty did.

As for Brock, just a mental thought that came to mind was if a female character took Brock's place instead while the new trainer to join Ash would be a male who set out to either compete in Contests or perhaps the anime gives the Pokéathlon idea a bigger part. Although, I don't see it happening, it was just an interesting idea.

Brock being gone though, would change things up a bit. At least it would leave some viewers wondering what his replacement character would be like. If he/she is just another standby member or actually serves some purpose.

Back