• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen If Lucario isn't a legendary, why was such a big deal made out of him?

Bippa

I'M NOT A BEGINNING TRAINER!
    Years
    Well, ever since I found out Lucario had a pre-evo, and its Dex position, I always wonder why such a big deal was made out of him, this means like getting his very own movie, if he's just a normal Fight/Steel type in the middle of the Pokedex. Your thoughts.

B to the I to the PPA yo!

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    Because they wanted to and don't forget the movie also starred mew the regie's and bonsly, munchlax, mime jr. and weavile

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    A Pokemon doesn't have to be a legi to make a big deal about it. Legendary Pokemon aren't that great, for most or all of them they can get knocked out by no legi's

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Flamman

still n00b, working on it!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2018
    well, what do you think of this:
    the big role, is for the regi's, and who are legendary? the regi's!
    lucario just has a role in the movie, like slowking in the second movie, and charizard in the third, and others.

Bippa

I'M NOT A BEGINNING TRAINER!
    Years
    I think somebody said like Slowking or whatever had a role in the second movie and Charizard in the third, but since Lucario's name was in the title, you'd think he'd have a big role.

Bippa

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I think somebody said like Slowking or whatever had a role in the second movie and Charizard in the third, but since Lucario's name was in the title, you'd think he'd have a big role.

Bippa

Lucario does have a big role. He is the one who the story is based around. It doesn't matter if his name is in the title, MEW was also in the title. MEW was the legendary in the movie along with the Regis.
    There was no real big fuss made over Lucario, he was just in the movie as one of the main characters.

Years
    ............This is totally off-topic, but BIPPA, I LOVE YOUR DISPLAY PICTURE!!

I dont know why, but i started staring at it, and i realizedd a half an hour went by o.o

But yea.. lucario, kewl.. not legendary.. i wanna trade cards..

Years
    No... because it is Ash's "first" pokemon, or favorite,

but still, Maybe Lucario is famous because it was the first of the Shinou Pokemon made? and right away they made a movie of him?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Pikachu doesnt have to be legendary to be famous. It is Ash's first Pokemon as said by Razmazter and it was the most widely publicised Pokemon because they felt like using Pikachu as a image to help Pokemon gain publicity.

I'm not sure about this but, wasn't Munchlax made before Lucario??

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    Let me please announce one more theory of this possible reason why Lucario is a big deal.

Simple.

You know how Celebi, Latias, and Latios were sort of a prologue to Hoenn, Johto, and so on? I believe that Lucario was shown as a movie as sort of a precursor to Shin'ou, or the beginning to the climax of Hoenn and the start of Shin'ou.

Simply put, it was just there as an advertisement.

From,
    ~TheRoad

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Why do they make such a big deal out of Pickachu? Pickachu is kind of weak in the games.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    Ninja Monkey we just did this topic don't start it again anyways the reason is it was Ash's first pokemon and and his favorite

Back